What is your worst album purchase

Started by bruno, January 09, 2014, 02:54:11 PM

Geir

Quote from: bruno on January 09, 2014, 02:54:11 PMSo bad its genius - this is mine by a clear mile. The thing that makes this funny is that this isn't even trying to be bad. Bought this one as a teenager in WHSmiths for 25p, "All Inspite Of Harry's Toenail" by Gnidrolog - made me laugh on a regular basis, and still does. What's your classic :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cglAk-JXq4
It IS genius! ;D

I have some bad albums, but not many I wasn't prepared could be, so I can't think of a bad buy  .... I'm sure I'll remember one or two eventually tho
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

maxit

I happen to be a big fan Adam and the Ants, but your story is so fun LOL. nea, jocking, my 2 cents story is that I bought every record with a guitar in the cover, so you can imagine how many sh.. in the '80 (and it was there from the '70 waiting just for me to take up!). But for some reason now I can only remember buying an album of kris kristofferson - I heard good about him, so I was going on velvet, in my mind - not trying another guitar cover. I wasnt...
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

I bought a 3 CD Allman Brothers bootleg for $75 years ago.  It sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom with a white noise generator going full-tilt.  Having said that, there are several moments of Barry Oakley's bass playing during "Blue Sky" that still can give me shivers up the spine, though. 

I should post a sample.

Blooby

Hook

Love the 2 cd's with New Bohemians, this was produced by Paul Simon, I expected great things.... :-[

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Quote from: Hook on January 10, 2014, 11:20:03 AM
Love the 2 cd's with New Bohemians, this was produced by Paul Simon, I expected great things.... :-[
Yeah - that's pretty horrible bro, listen to spotify. I don't like her voice :)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 09, 2014, 07:09:17 PMI've always been a huge Hendrix fan. When I was a teenager, I bought this album by "The Purple Fox". ::)  I knew it wasn't Hendrix but I thought I'd give it a try. It sucked.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1343565

I've also bought a few of those compilation albums which claim to be by the original artists. But they turn out to be re-recorded 40 years later and don't sound at all like the original recordings that I remember. I hate that.

Had a glass of wine when I put this on - almost spat it out :)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Quote from: kenny mac on January 10, 2014, 03:24:52 AMMustard by Roy wood was a bit of a stinker.
He played every instrument on it and even painted the cover and after loving The move that then evolved in E.l.O I bought this and to me it sounded terribly recorded etc.
I was extremely dissapointed.
I only lasted around 10s until the first falsetto - truly horrid :)

recorder
Boss BR-1600