BAG's Youngest gets a turn.

Started by BAG, March 07, 2009, 11:31:16 PM

BAG

HAREM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've posted stuff from my 8 year old before so i thought it only fair that my youngest one, 5 years old, gets to have a few minutes in the limelight. So here is her first ever recording. It is a song called "The Harem Dance". I laid down the chords and then she did the melody.
Just a roadie again.....

Ferryman

Very good indeed, well done! I didn't know the guitar existed when I was five, let alone be able to play it. What a talented family - it must be like the Partridge Family in your house  :)

Please let's hear more. It's great to have work from youngsters on here.
Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Very nice indeed.  My son is 6 and I have not yet showed him anything on guitar yet (it seems far too complicated for a 6 year old) so I am most impressed with the family musical connection you are fostering here, bravo.  Her playing is excellent, and her timing is really good (hard to teach good timing, she has it).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BAG

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 08, 2009, 07:44:38 PMHer playing is excellent, and her timing is really good (hard to teach good timing, she has it).

Over the last 8-10 weeks she has been practising her chords and has got about 8 different chords happenning. Until this last week she would just strum the one chord while i played a bit of lead around it which she loved doing as she felt that she was really making music. On Saturday i got her to do one bar of Em then one bar of Am, nice and slow. In no time at all she was changing from one to the other without missing a beat and i soon realised that i didn't even have to count out loud for her to know when to change.

I've found recently that the MBR is a great incentive as they love to hear themselves played back. It's amazing to hear their self critique too. She heard the first recording, wasn't happy with one part and insisted on doing it a second time to get it right which blew me away.

It was the same with my 8yo when she did the Sultans of Swing solo. (http://microrecorders.org/community/post-your-work/bag's-youngster-rides-again/0/) She picked sections that weren't quite spot on and said, "i want to fix this bit up" and she proceeded to play those parts again while i punched in and out.
Just a roadie again.....