What the Doctor Ordered – Mr2Cool Quartet

Started by mr2kewl, March 07, 2009, 04:48:57 PM

mr2kewl

What the Doctor Ordered
Time:
0:00
Volume:
i work as health care information systems support engineer servicing well over 1500 hospitals in the US and Canada. a very stressful job to say the least. i shared my 'Smooth Jazz' with a co-worker, whose comment was "Just what the doctor ordered" i thought it would be a cool song title. so, this is my latest 'Mr2Cool Quartet' project cut. hope it's just as soothing.

peace
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bluesberry

What a great sound the four of you have here.  Is that a keyboard or a real xylophone (or what ever it is) sounds really great whatever it is.  Soothing for sure.  I can hear some smokey jazzy female voice over this, that would sound cool for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rata-tat-tat

I agree with Bluesberry... maybe some Sade' vocals over the top. Anyhow... it's great as is... very relaxing, easy listening.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Wiley

that is really nice. Who would think to use xylaphones or keyboards. But yes very relaxing.  But I can't sleep with music on. Keeps me awake listening.

mr2kewl

thanks for the comments, all!!

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 07, 2009, 06:54:10 PMWhat a great sound the four of you have here.  Is that a keyboard or a real xylophone (or what ever it is) sounds really great whatever it is.  Soothing for sure.  I can hear some smokey jazzy female voice over this, that would sound cool for sure.

blues - i used my yammer jammer PSR-E413 on the 'Vibes' setting.

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 07, 2009, 07:05:31 PMI agree with Bluesberry... maybe some Sade' vocals over the top.

funny you should mention 'Sade' cuz this started out to be a cover of 'No Ordinary Love' and ended up here.

i needed to get something out that was my own composition and not to out there.

for the folks that i'm collab'ing with, i'm going to get back to work!!

tie
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

tafka

wonderfull smooth sound.very relaxing.
well done guys

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Greeny

Mellow but thoughtful. It reminds me a bit of 'Forbidden Colours' by Sylvian and Sakamoto in the xylophone-sounding melody line. It's another really well put together piece of work. What a great quartet you guys have going  :D

Ferryman

Yes, the "guys" in this quartet really seem to be facing in the same musical direction. I enjoyed this - as (you know) a non-jazzer, I enjoyed this because it's got a cool vibe but has a bit of an edge to it. Definitely in the "Smooth Operator" territory. Good job, and again noce to hear such a variety of styles on here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

holdempok

i was just soaking my hands in teriyaki marinade with arachera listening which will make the meal one to discover. As I will cook with this on repeat. very very very cool Mr 2.
Why don't we do it on the road?

lg

This is WAY cool jazz Dude!
I am loving it...
By the way, thanks for coming out last night!
It was good to see you there.
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!