Mellotron Story Narrated by Rick Wakeman

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 01, 2014, 01:15:14 PM

64Guitars

I don't know about the Manetron app but RedTron comes with SoundFont files (".sf2") which can be used from any SoundFont player (you probably already have one as a VST or something). I use the RedTron SoundFont files in Linux with a SoundFont player.

If, for some reason, you prefer to go the WAV file route, you can download the WAV file samples used by RedTron here:

http://leisureland.us/audio/MellotronSamples/MellotronSamples.htm

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 02, 2014, 05:19:11 PMRedTron comes with SoundFont files (".sf2")

I didn't know that Redtron uses sf2 files.  I am ridiculously excited to install these tomorrow.  And now I just need to write the prog epic.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Quote from: Blooby on January 02, 2014, 09:45:21 PMI am ridiculously excited to install these tomorrow.  And now I just need to write the prog epic.
And now I am ridiculously excited by this most exciting news.  Blooby is finally going to write his prog epic!!!!!! Do it man, you know you want to.  I even have an old purple cape in my closet...... I can send over to you to get you in the proper mood.  Prog on!!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 03, 2014, 06:55:42 AMI even have an old purple cape in my closet...... I can send over to you to get you in the proper mood. 

I'm not sure I want to ask why you have a purple cape, but if I am to properly channel Mr. Wakeman...

Blooby

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 03, 2014, 06:55:42 AM
Quote from: Blooby on January 02, 2014, 09:45:21 PMI am ridiculously excited to install these tomorrow.  And now I just need to write the prog epic.
And now I am ridiculously excited by this most exciting news.
So am I !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 01, 2014, 04:45:26 PMGreat demo videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGtqa_BqhDs

Just saw this. I love the Mellotron, and this piece of music (and in particular this chord sequence) more than anything ignited my deep love of music (and prog). I remember it like it was yesterday, the first time the Foxtrot album spun on my cheap record player in 1973 and those chords came out of the speakers....... spine tingling awesomeness. And when I saw them perform it live on the Foxtrot tour it was sublime. And now you can do it on your phone or iPad!!!! If you'd told me that back then, I would not have believed you.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR