Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

I am ripping it to audio for a later listen. Have meantto check this out previously but nver got around to it.  FYI for those of you with 32 bit DAWs, there is a free Mellotron vsti called RedTron or something to that effect.  There is also an iPad app with some gret samples called ManeTron.

Blooby

Geir

oh my .... I couldn't resist could I ??? ;D

Manetron added to the increasingly overwhelming palette of sounds at my disposal
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on January 02, 2014, 05:14:15 AMoh my .... I couldn't resist could I ??? ;D

Manetron added to the increasingly overwhelming palette of sounds at my disposal
These apps are killing me, so many good music apps out there, my collection is also becoming overwhelming.  Another really good Mellotron app is M3000 HD, worth a look.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

"(after 'Strawberry Fields Forever')...it was like a rash breaking out all over pop music"...I love that!  :D :D :D

And if you think the original Mellotrons were unreliable and difficult to transport, take a gander at the Seeburg Style H Orchestrion, built circa 1922:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2uvxqbUEc
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

I like the sounds in the Manetron app.  I'm wondering if I can sample them for use in my keyboard.  There is some sampler software in the new toy, but I have never attempted anything like that before. 

Come to think of it, I recall seeing some sampled Tron wav files on the net somewhere. I could conceivably just dump that in the sampler, no?

Thoughts?

Blooby

cuthbert

I think the Tron wav files posted online are probably okay to sample - they've been online forever, and were sampled and posted (I believe) by the Mellotron owner. If there was any breach of IP law, those would have come down long ago.

But I'd think any sounds that are used in an app are probably protected by intellectual property laws and/or require permission for use.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Quote from: cuthbert on January 02, 2014, 03:22:29 PMBut I'd think any sounds that are used in an app are probably protected by intellectual property laws and/or require permission for use.

I will try the wav route.  Thanks.