Main Menu

Started by SE, March 07, 2009, 04:38:45 AM

SE

1984____
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Did,nt know whether to post this it,s not my ususal thing but here goes. Just a little backround for our non British BR users. In 1984 there was a small disput between the miners and the British government which lasted a year it affected the whole of the country. It,s now  25 years ago so it was back in the news, this is just a memory of what I can remember of this time. A lot of my family where miners and funnily enough some of my family are now policemen.
recorder
Boss BR-80

tafka

1 word BRILLIANT !!!!
this is the missing track off "Quark Strangeness & Charm" one of the best albums ever made.
i have first hand experience of encounters with the old bill on picket lines. (british steel strike)

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

SE

Thanks for the comments Tony,somtimes music is just a feeling and this is what this track is. You read or remember somthing and it just comes out.

Thanks again
                                                     John
recorder
Boss BR-80

guitarron

cool-gearing up for a labor dispute myself-next month-got me thinking a new song

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

Great playing. Kind of wild, but I like it.

Flash Harry

That has to be Jah Wobble on bass and Keith Levine on guitar.

All we need now is Arthur Scargill and we have a hit!

Drive through a forest in a Japanese car....

Pop Tones!

Ace mate.   ;D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

WOW!!!! I LOVE this. As Flash said, very redolent of Public Image (what a great band). Great vibe you have here. It just works so well, the emotion comes through. My only slight niggle is that the vox sound a little thin (ie the eq is a bit toppy), but I am listening through my mp3 headphones connected to the PC so it could be that. But it's a really, really strong piece and yes, you should have posted it. Thanks for sharing.

I can see where Tony's coming from as well - very Quark, Strangeness and Charm style guitar - Dave Brock meets Keith Levene.  I love that album as well, a real classic.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Oh yeah. I like this a lot. This is the 1+1=3 freakout guitar patch isn't it? Works just great with the vocal. Adding in some riot noise and sampled speeches would be brilliant. As would singing through a megaphone.

I like the song and I like where you're coming from. It's a long time ago, but it still raises my hackles when I think of the dark days of Thatcherism.

Great work, fella!

SE

Thanks ferryman and greeny for your comments don,t where it came from, three tracks all done whitin the hour. Greeny you must have been reading my mind have been seraching all day clips of protest marches.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Try here

http://www.freesound.org

if you haven't already. Some great freeware sound effects. It will really add to what you have here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR