Get any interesting holiday loot this year ?

Started by peterp, December 25, 2013, 04:24:56 PM

peterp

My kids gave me something called a Netgear push2tv ptv3000.
Shows my Google tablet screen & sound on the tv over wifi.
Spent the afternoon productively playing Angry Birds with a 1200watts sound system to liven them up.  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Speed Demon

Mrs Demon gifted me with a fancy computer-controlled sewing machine.
I always wanted a really good machine but never expected to get one. This baby is nice!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hook

I got one of these for Christmas.. I know kinda silly but I do quite a few strolling gigs, especially during the holidays, walking around malls, country club brunches or offices for corporate Holiday parties playing Christmas songs. The guitar is plenty loud acoustically but the uke is much too quiet for gigs like this & this tiny amp has a belt clip & runs off a 9 volt. It actually sounds OK & the distortion is pretty sweet on the uke so I'll probably try recording with it once I get home from my vacation. I also got a laptop by default. I bought my kid one on black Friday from dell for $180 but I neglected to notice it didn't come with an optical drive(cd/dvd) which is vital for her schooling, she's home schooled by my wife and has a disc for math and also Rosetta Stone for Italian so we got her a new HP today & I get this Dell Inspiron 15. It's not the fastest computer but It will be perfect for me to use in Chrysler 300 Studios. Now I can export tracks from the MR8 anywhere & also finish my tunes in audacity in the car. I'll eventually get an external drive for it & I'll be set until I decide I need some thing else. My wife also got me tickets to see the touring stage show of "Once" which was a brilliant movie & I hope is an equally good play, I'll let you know in February. If you haven't seen the movie you should, it's awesome & great to watch with  special someone. A pretty good Christmas & today we got to our cabin in Georgia so it should be a relaxing week in the mountains. I brought my guitar, uke & my MBR too so I might get to record something, who knows, I hope you all are having a nice holiday!!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Dan Electro??? Looks cool Bro :)

I went to the guitar shop, but couldn't find anything I wanted :(

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Speed Demon

Awww, sorry to hear that, Bruno.
Didn't they have a full Marshall stack with your name on it? That would fit just perfectly with the living room furniture.
Wife would love it. Especially after you throw out her favorite recliner to make room for it.

Back to the man cave for you.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.