Why???.......why??

Started by Hook, December 19, 2013, 07:44:35 PM

Hook

Why is it that my iphone won't play the whole damn song on this site???? It really pisses me off! I get the not using flash player so i don't get the jukeboxes business but if it can play 2 thirds of the song it can play the whole damn song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Puffin does allow the site to work but all the little pops & pauses really suck the enjoyment out of listening for me, so that is no solution. In fact I really don't see much of a difference in the iphone for much other than the apps that android doesn't have like thumbjam, drumjam ,garageband etc. I hate that I can't use windows media player with it & I can't figure out how to make playlists in itunes. I think what I need (it's always something) is an ipad as an instrument & an android for a phone...or just to be able to listen to a whole damn song on the iphone!!!!!!
Complain ON!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Gnasty

Because Steve Jobs spirit prefers it that way. You know the saying "take a bite out of crime" ? Well it's funny to me to look at the apple logo.

The whole center of the home page here is way off the page for the last couple days I've noticed. Does anyone else see that too?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on December 19, 2013, 10:35:55 PMThe whole center of the home page here is way off the page for the last couple days I've noticed. Does anyone else see that too?

Can you post a screenshot?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on December 19, 2013, 07:44:35 PMWhy is it that my iphone won't play the whole damn song on this site???? It really pisses me off! I get the not using flash player so i don't get the jukeboxes business but if it can play 2 thirds of the song it can play the whole damn song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Puffin does allow the site to work but all the little pops & pauses really suck the enjoyment out of listening for me, so that is no solution.

It sounds like the iPhone isn't able to stream MP3s reliably. Until the issue is resolved, I think the best thing to do is download the songs. I know it's a bit annoying to have to wait while the song downloads, but at least you'll be able to listen to the whole song.

Out of curiosity, can you stream MP3s reliably on other sites such as alonetone?

Quote from: Hook on December 19, 2013, 07:44:35 PMI hate that I can't use windows media player with it & I can't figure out how to make playlists in itunes.

Have you tried VLC? I think it's much better than Windows Media Player and there are versions for all major operating systems including iOS.

iOS version: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-ios.html

Windows version: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Here's the documentation for VLC playlists. https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Playlist/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

las screenshot was from Android phone using default (google I guess) browser. This is from work laptop using chrome (I've updated it with the latest flashplayer). On the mobile the jukeboxes have been unreliable, but seems fine today.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary

Quote from: Geir on December 20, 2013, 12:54:44 AMlas screenshot was from Android phone using default (google I guess) browser. This is from work laptop using chrome (I've updated it with the latest flashplayer). On the mobile the jukeboxes have been unreliable, but seems fine today.

It's the same on my laptop . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman

Home page is the same for me also.

And as for iPhones, you have neatly encapsulated why I will never buy any Apple product.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

My iPad has always done this,it doesn't always work when you download the song either  :-[

64Guitars

It's strange that those images aren't showing on the laptop. There's no Flash involved. It's straight HTML and CSS. It should work in any modern browser. It works in Firefox.

Oh wait. I think I just found a permissions problem for those images (admins can see them but probably no one else). I should be able to fix it shortly.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website