Virtual tracks???

Started by Bro, March 05, 2009, 12:56:36 PM

Bro

Sounding a bit noobish here..

But never understood what the fuck the virtual track are for?!

Help me out here.. Please! (expecting a nice long answer from you 64guitars :D)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

64Guitars

Glad to help. But I think this will be a short answer since I've explained v-tracks as well as I can on my web site. So, I'll direct you to that page:

http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/Tutorials/V-Tracks_and_Bouncing.html

Study that page. Then, if some things are still not clear, ask more specific questions here and I'll be happy to try to answer them.

The term "v-track" is really just a coordinate used to specify one of the Micro BR's 32 tracks. If these tracks were arranged linearly, we could simply refer to them as Track 1 through Track 32. But, because the Micro BR only has a 4-channel mixer, the 32 tracks are connected to the 4 mixer channels in groups of 8. Since each mixer channel can only be connected to one track at a time, we must select which of the 8 tracks is currently connected to the mixer channel. That is the v-track.  So, instead of referring to tracks linearly, we refer to them as coordinates in a 4 x 8 grid (4 mixer channels with 8 tracks each) by specifying both the track (mixer channel, really) and the v-track of that track/mixer channel.

Okay. That was a longer explanation than I set out to give but I hope it helps. Hopefully, the web page will make it clearer. But, if you still have questions after reading it, don't hesitate to ask them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bro

ohh. think i got it right now  :)

Thank you so much 64guitars! You surely do kick some serious ass  ;D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

guitarron

the nice thing about vtracks are if you want, you can load them into a DAW and you access to 32 tracks
make them non virtual
-not bad for a $200 recorder

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pedro

Quote from: guitarron on March 07, 2009, 08:57:35 AMthe nice thing about vtracks are if you want, you can load them into a DAW and you access to 32 tracks
make them non virtual
-not bad for a $200 recorder

That is a very nice feature indeed! It is handy in big projects, where lots of tracks are needed.