HEEEELP! But probably nothing you can do, damn BR800 heading out the window

Started by Ferryman, December 16, 2013, 06:55:53 PM

Geir

I've had a similar problem some time ago, on the original MBR as far as I can recall. What I ended up doing (again as far as my aging brain can recall) was to export every track to WAVs, copy the ARRANGE.BR0 file, delete the original song, create a new one replace the drumarrangment file with the backed up one and import all the WAV's to the new song. That did the trick.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Weird thing is the actual wav file is blank. If I load the wav file into my DAW or the BR800, it is just silence. The DAW shows a block of "sound" but there is nothing on it. But if I load the original recovered .BR0 files into the BR800's directory I can hear what I recorded (provided I play it from the very start), but I can't export it to the DAW. What I did was to master the audio from the spooky tracks to another pair of tracks which created something I could extract as a wav.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

It's not quite the same satisfying experience as "just playing yer geetar", is it? :D

Sounds like a nightmare... just enough steps forward to keep you interested... and then some other bluddy thing to get in the way...

Hope you get it done and dusted soon.

I've got a project that, for different reasons, is just dragging on and on, and ON!! I'm pleased with the original idea, and how I expect/hope it to end up, but right now I'm thoroughly fed up with it and just want it out of the way. I nearly deleted it all the other week... wife helped me talk meself out of that... I've considered shelving it and doing something else, but I've already done that several times over the last 18 months on this one... and now I've put so much time/effort into it, I'm buggered if I'm gonna let it beat me now...

... so I've got this belligerent "I'm going to finish this bastard fecking thing even if it kills me, and even if it's crap when it's done >:( >:(" thing going on here at the moment... Not a terribly creative state of mind... (or maybe it is??!)

Anyway, I have a feeling I have some idea of what you might be going through... (even though I can't blame the machine in my case)

So, "Chin up, Sir! Beat that bastard into submission!!!" :)

(And I'll do mine... ish... :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

IanR

Nigel,  It sounds like you might have found your way to the limits of the technology.  You are a bit like the Voyager  probe that is leaving our solar system.

Please keep send us signals.  I'd like to know what's out there   :D

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman

@Andy, I agree, it certainly isn't just "playing the geetar" but in some ways I am glad it isn't because I am a just about above average guitarist at best so I need the production tricks to make me sound good  :D But this was supposed to be a bit of fun inspired by Bassfest to get me back into doing some music, but instead it's turned into a real slog. But I suffer from similar OCD tendencies to you, even with something "quick" I still want it to be perfect and get sucked into the "there's just a bit too much top end on that third fuzz bass track so I need to do something about it" syndrome..... But I'll get there. I hope we hear something new from you soon as your work is always a pleasure to listen and also dissect for production tips!

@Ian, the Voyager probe has left the solar system and is in danger of disappearing up its backside.... Something will be produced but of course now I wish I hadn't written it quite the way I did, but there we go. Too late to redo it all.....or is it?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

SO glad you got the final product to our ears!!  Def my FAVE from you mate!! Nigel Still Rocks Big Time
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)