Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

It's all moving forward. Only problem is it sounds a bit crap, that's the content not the data. Doesn't sound as good as the last time I heard it. More work may be required......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

alfstone

Quote from: Ferryman on December 18, 2013, 05:50:48 AMBut wait!!! As a last resort I tried chkdsk as suggested by Alfredo and it does appear to have repaired the file. Whether it will actually work remains to be seen.....

Keep your fingers crossed all......

UPDATE: Wave Converter can read the wav files now! I could be back on track....... (forgive the pun). Will load the wavs into my DAW later and see if they work.

Thanks Alfredo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You owe me a coffee!  ;)

The (disk) doctor  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

IanR

This is a terrific outcome.  It has made my Christmas.

Now, Nigel, (not sure if this has been covered but) my suggestion for going forward is to optimise your song on a regular basis.  If I understand this correctly, it gets rid of little fragments of data that have been recorded over or deleted (but still exist on the card).  I have found this necessary to do on songs that have lots of tracks and lots of edits - to avoid the dreaded error messages.

regards and merry christmas,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

IanR

Quote from: Ferryman on December 18, 2013, 10:53:16 AMIt's all moving forward. Only problem is it sounds a bit crap, that's the content not the data. Doesn't sound as good as the last time I heard it. More work may be required......

Any chance of hearing a first draft?

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman

Thanks for the optimize advice Ian, I haven't been doing that and I will more in future.

Quote from: IanR on December 19, 2013, 04:18:30 AMAny chance of hearing a first draft?

No way! As Jim said, I take too much time and am too self critical. It has to be finished before I am prepared to share! That's the issue with being rather OCD......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Glad to hear everything got sorted (as it is), Nigel. :)

Quote from: Ferryman on December 19, 2013, 08:11:07 AMThanks for the optimize advice Ian, I haven't been doing that and I will more in future.

Quote from: IanR on December 19, 2013, 04:18:30 AMAny chance of hearing a first draft?

No way! As Jim said, I take too much time and am too self critical. It has to be finished before I am prepared to share! That's the issue with being rather OCD......

You're not alone there - I also can't bear to post anything until I consider it done. For me, that also means I have several pieces that I started and never finished. Guess I can look at those experiments as a backlog in the event that I can't find something else to do. :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase