HEEEELP! But probably nothing you can do, damn BR800 heading out the window

Started by Ferryman, December 16, 2013, 06:55:53 PM

Ferryman

I think I may be doing a bassfest cover of the Autumn Song. The BR800 is fine with a new card, well I haven't recorded anything but it initialized ok and the card read error message has gone. Will try some recovery tools later.

Quote from: Geir on December 18, 2013, 02:06:59 AMI was saving my 10,000th for something special, and when your problem came along it seemed only fitting, as the sole reason for me being here at all is that I got "CARD READ ERROR" on my MBR and searched for a solution, thus stumbling onto this wonderful part of the web.

Now that is a fantastic story and I truly do feel honoured! At least this thread has stopped me throwing the BR800 out of the window (so far at least) and is making me feel a bit more positive. After about 2 years of doing very little I finally got some music underway. Of course I was taking too long, spending too much time on too many tracks and when this happened I was ready to give up again! Let's hope the SD card can be recovered.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman

It's looking bad because it is a file corruption error, not an SD Card issue. The card is readable. I can't imagine recovery programs will be able to recover data from proprietary Boss .BR0 files, but I will give it a try.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

Quote from: Ferryman on December 18, 2013, 05:09:19 AMIt's looking bad because it is a file corruption error, not an SD Card issue. The card is readable. I can't imagine recovery programs will be able to recover data from proprietary Boss .BR0 files, but I will give it a try.

Did you try chkdsk utility, after loading the card on a card reader?

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Flash Harry

Nigel, I'm gutted. I was really looking forward to asking you to turn the bass up. Now that opportunity has been lost forever.

It's a real shame the files got screwed.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Sadly I am totally screwed. File/SD recovery programs don't help because the file is there and the disk can be read. File repair programs (I tried a couple) don't work with .BR0 files. Bloody BR800. It's clearly a problem caused by the hardware rather than the disk, which seems fine.  

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on December 18, 2013, 05:24:17 AMNigel, I'm gutted. I was really looking forward to asking you to turn the bass up. Now that opportunity has been lost forever.

It's a real shame the files got screwed.

Which bass? I had 16 tracks of bass (ok some were stereo)!!! Really annoyed by this. The track was a bit ploddy in places but there were some very cool bass sounds. I had the bass going through chained distortion units with effects on top, octaviders, bass through my old Memory Man echo in stereo (sounded great!) and so much more.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

But wait!!! As a last resort I tried chkdsk as suggested by Alfredo and it does appear to have repaired the file. Whether it will actually work remains to be seen.....

Keep your fingers crossed all......

UPDATE: Wave Converter can read the wav files now! I could be back on track....... (forgive the pun). Will load the wavs into my DAW later and see if they work.

Thanks Alfredo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the track lives up to the hype if I get it back....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

I have managed to extract the wav files, they seem to play ok. Onward and upward!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR