MetaVitae... "Face to Face"

Started by hewhoiscalledj, March 05, 2009, 12:07:04 PM

hewhoiscalledj

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Here's another mp3 of our jam session... This one has the stereo mic centered on the drums about 7' in front of it. The bass is one one side, the guitar on the other and the keys/vocals are pretty centered. Probably some mild distortion since I hadnt quite figured out the best setting on the Limiter effect at this point. We have much work ahead of us in terms of improving the sound, but it's getting there...

The beginning seems long without the vocals recorded, but it picks up around the 1:00 mark. Enjoy... I hope =)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7396610

Kody

Wow!! Cool song!! Reminds me of the Deftones or similar... You guys really impressed me here...I'd love to hear the vocals.  I'm sure you'll find the perfect sound- it will just come to the MBR one day, I know it---With talent like what you all have, it's bound to happen....That said---it didn't sound too bad- Just not quite studio quality yet 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

hewhoiscalledj

Kind words... the Deftones huh? The guys will love hearing that. We had a session last night that I think is far improved over this take you listened to. I think once we mic everyone up seperately and get a good mix we should get some better results. The biggest challenge is the room we play in; it's a 2car garage. We have the floor carpeted and we're putting up accoustic tile on the garage door to replace the piece of carpet hanging there now...

I do love my MBR though. Considering this was one mic and all live, I think it turned out pretty good. Thanks again!

hewhoiscalledj

uh, now how do i get the mp3 player feature to work... i'll try again later.

64Guitars

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on March 05, 2009, 01:01:54 PMuh, now how do i get the mp3 player feature to work... i'll try again later.

I don't think it's possible to get the MP3 player to work with files stored at SoundClick because they hide the URL of the actual file. At least, it's hidden to visitors. I'm not sure if it's hidden to the person who uploaded the file. If you can find the URL of your MP3 file, the player should work with it. If you can't find it, then you might want to consider uploading your files somewhere else (SkyDrive, for example) where you can get the URL of your file. The MP3 player doesn't care where the MP3 file is stored as long as it has the precise URL of the file. SoundClick only seems to give you the URL of a web page where visitors can click a button to play the song in SoundClick's own MP3 player.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

hewhoiscalledj

Thanks 64G. I had the option of making the file downloadable on Sounclick... I wonder if doing so would give me access to the actual URL. I'll give it a whirl.

knniggits

Great sound you've got,sound scape style music requires a great drummer to keep it all together,love that snare  ;D
Time to lay down a few demo tracks me thinks,you could really go places with a three track demo  8)
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Ferryman

Great stuff - pretty good quality recording for just using the MBR in front of the band. Can't wait to hear you with individual stuff miked up.

You guys are really good, nice and tight and a bit different. I hear hints of My Bloody Valentine in there. Keep them coming.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

There are some very interesting Indie soundscapes being created here. And you're definitely a tight band -especially for such a shifting, complicated song.  Needed more vocals for me, but maybe that's not the effct you're after. Great work though.

Oldrottenhead

was this all done via a stereo mic wow, sounds great. i'm hoping to get to my friends gig and record him, i have a sony stereo mic ive used before but only got one of his songs recorded cos i forgot to get settings right and recoded lots of silence, plan to experiment with line out and mic, stix my friend wants it mvia the mic to capture audience ambiemce but i was thinking i could pick that up via his vocal mics, here hoping i can get a baby sitter and go.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann