"Alchemy"

Started by Blooby, December 12, 2013, 07:54:30 PM

Blooby

Alchemy_128
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Again, trying to get used to the D.A.W. This creepy thing started (and ended I guess) as me trying to figure out whether the various modules, plug-ins, midi controllers, etc. all worked properly. I used all sorts of shenanigans to hide the fact that I really can't play keyboards at all (arpeggiators, transposing, midi-editing...you name it). Ultimately, I started thinking about something ambient to which I could fall asleep. The title came from a free version of a soft synth where some of these sounds originated. Not an easy listen for some, but maybe somewhat interesting if you're into getting out of your head.

Yes, I know it's absolutely awash in reverberation. This time around, it was purposeful. By the way, for those of you with recorders with plug-in support, VintageVerb is just about the greatest reverb I have ever heard. It's all over this thing. It was the one plug-in I purchased the day I got everything up and running. The same guy/company sells something called Shimmer as well. It is supposed to cop the Eno/Lanois modulation reverb that is all over their albums.

I am purposefully not stretching myself too thin over my winter break. I am hoping I can be a tad less scarce here during that time. Lordy, I can't remember the last time I posted two things in a day.

Peace.

Blooby

Ferryman

Oh dear, you are headed down the slippery path of spending hours in the ambient world..... I have purchased a couple of soft synths that are similar to this and whenever I sit down with them I can spend hours drifting off into various cools soundscapes and completely forget what I was supposed to be doing. I enjoyed this, I like ambient music and this was good background music while working. Doesn't sound too reverb-y to me, it's part of the overall feel and this is certainly very atmospheric.

Reminds me a bit of when I first heard Tonto's Expanding Head Band back in the early 70s..... Drone on! 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Oh it sounds fab !!

I really enjoyed it too. If I ever go DAW I'll try to remember this post so I can get that reverb. It does indeed sound great.

BTW, Your keyboard aproach is very similar to mine :) ... and I usually wear underwear ..... at least in the wintertime ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bazz-t-bass

Hi.....whether you intended to or not you've ended up with a cracking musical soundscape. ::)

Great stuff
Baz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

cuthbert

Very interesting soundscape - sounds like you've been doing this a while now! That reverb does sound quite lush. Nice one, Blooby!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Very cool. You've got some great sounds in there. Reminds me of Tangerine Dream a bit.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SwanSong

hi There wonderful soundscape would be good
for a background film sound great stuff cheers
happy holidays Neil

IanR

Quote from: Ferryman on December 13, 2013, 03:39:27 AMOh dear, you are headed down the slippery path of spending hours in the ambient world..... I have purchased a couple of soft synths that are similar to this and whenever I sit down with them I can spend hours drifting off into various cools soundscapes and completely forget what I was supposed to be doing. I enjoyed this, I like ambient music and this was good background music while working. Doesn't sound too reverb-y to me, it's part of the overall feel and this is certainly very atmospheric.

Reminds me a bit of when I first heard Tonto's Expanding Head Band back in the early 70s..... Drone on! 

I'm spending time here too.  It can suck hours out of a day (or night).  This is cool.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Redler

Enjoyed this, too! Sounds great via headphones! I feel I'm floating in air... Epic!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR