42nd street

Started by beatnikbiker, December 12, 2013, 10:29:46 AM

beatnikbiker

42nd street_0102_02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
thanks again to all the friends on here for really helping me to understand the process of recording, im getting my head round it now, these are all 1st takes not perfect but good enough, for a song idea i had a while back, knocked this mix out and got it online in a couple of hours today, a special thanks to 64 guitars for your help. john

SwanSong

hi there. wonderful original piece of music. nice beat
good vocal.s and guitar work. recording was done
very well also . good production2 thumbs up Neil.!

Kenny B

Nice tune ... like the way it flows ... great playing and singing!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Agree with the others above, great singing and playing! Nice riffs on the lead guitar! Well produced as well!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Hi there John - there's a great 60s feel to your music. Can you post the lyrics, I had trouble making some of them out (and I'm British) - nicking? paperclips and hiding foreign objects up your sleeve?

I think it's crying out for some harmonies, particularly on the chorus.

Well done on the production, you sure have picked it up quickly and all done in one take, crikey . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman

Good work, this rocks along nicely. Vocals sound great, well sung and well recorded, although I agree that some harmonies on the chorus would be great, especially the bit where you go "oooh". Nice playing all round.

My only suggestion would be to bring the little lead licks at the end of the vocal lines up. They are getting lost for me and they add a lot of interest to the song. The main solo at 2:40 ish works well and is at the right level, you can hear it nicely.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

beatnikbiker

thanks to all for positive comments, Hilary feel free to add backing vox, i think a womans voice would enhance it better than a mans.

Hilary

42nd street x
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok here it is  :o
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Mike_S

Lovely harmonies guys, and a solid track. Yes does have a 60's feel to it refreshing to hear in this day and age of over production.
recorder
iPad GarageBand