Quick Survey

Started by StevieM, March 05, 2009, 11:46:48 AM

StevieM

It could be interesting. There's not a definitive list of tonewoods ( at least, not that I can find), but there's so many timbers that could be suitable I don't think such a list is possible!
It could well be ok, it's only a little heavier than Rosewood, but a damn site more difficult to work. It could land up one of those times when you spend a couple of weeks on something only to find it don't work. That's when you say 'Oh dear, what a waste of time', or something like that ;D
It'll be a while 'cos it's got to dry properly first, but I'll definitely post when it works, or not.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

guitarron

Quote from: StevieM on March 06, 2009, 11:40:07 AMThanks guys. I might take a chance and experiment with the Greenheart then, and a few other unusual ones too.

I don't think it'd work too well for acoustics or any hollow body. It can be a bugger to work anyway and doesn't bend at all well, but might give that a try when I've got time.
Cheers.

cant say i have ever heard of greenheart until this thread-
what species of wood is that- i mean  is it like rosewood or maple like?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: guitarron on March 06, 2009, 07:39:39 PMcant say i have ever heard of greenheart until this thread-

Same answer here. Is it like yellowbelly?  :P :D
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

StevieM

More like Rosewood and Purple Heart than Maple.It's got lots of different names. Latin name is Octoea Rodiaei, Rosewood is Dalbergia ( then suffix depending where it comes from), Purple Heart is Peltogyne spp. if that helps.  Had to look those up ;D

What's Yellow Belly? Might know it under a different name.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Guitar-Maniac

Heavy guitars deffo for me! you get a longer sustain ( important to me :D ) and i just feel, the tone sounds alot better.

well abit of weight training can help you handle em heavy guitars ;)
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D