cuntry song

Started by beatnikbiker, December 09, 2013, 03:10:50 PM

beatnikbiker

cuntry song_0102_02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
thanks to everybody on here for your help, ive now got audacity but when i uploaded this its clipped and the signal was red, i wasnt sure how to remix it at lower levels, but in future i understand the process much better and from now on expect better quality recordings, i dont have a lot of patience but im determined to get better at this.

Hilary

Oh I liked it, a lot. Everything fits well although it does sound a bit fuzzy but I'm not the best person to advise on such things! I thought the vox was standout - a very warm tone. I'd consider rerecording without the clipping (there is a clip removal option in Audacity but I'm not sure how good it is, or you could try Normalising - that might help - just do the automatic options) as I think the song is worth it.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Geir

A really great song. Too bad about the clipping. Did you mix it in Audacity (imported the separate tracks) or just imported the final mix? Either way you should check the levels on the tracks. The more tracks you have the more you'll have to pull down the level of each track. Watch the meter in the toolbar at the top to ensure that the mix don't get too hot.

Would really love to hear a better mix of this as it's a fabulous song. Reminds me a bit of Neil young.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

great song, i assume the title is misspelled   ;D ;D. reminds me a bit of the band big star. braw tell your maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 10, 2013, 08:16:02 AMgreat song, i assume the title is misspelled   ;D ;D.

and I was trying so hard not to mention that . . . :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Very cool song. But as others have mentioned, there's a lot of clipping distortion. This can easily be seen if you load the file into Audacity and enable the "Show Clipping" option on the View menu. The red lines indicate samples that are clipped.

Also, the ending was rather abrupt. I'm not sure if that was intentional. A fade-out might sound better.

I'd suggest remixing the song with a slightly lower master level to remove the clipping. And the following guide shows how to do a fade-out in Audacity:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=15

Or you can do the fade-out on the BR by gradually lowering the Master fader while in bounce mode. Audacity will give you a smoother fade though.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

beatnikbiker

thanks everybody, i will re record  the song armed with the good advice im getting off all you nice people.
mis spelling off the title was intentional, possibly in poor taste but why not?

Hilary

Quote from: beatnikbiker on December 10, 2013, 12:21:22 PMmis spelling off the title was intentional, possibly in poor taste but why not?

oh you'll fit in just fine round here . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Quote from: beatnikbiker on December 10, 2013, 12:21:22 PMthanks everybody, i will re record  the song

If you still have the original tracks, you probably don't need to re-record any of them. You just need to do another mix (bounce mode) of the existing tracks but keep the master fader slightly lower. The master fader controls your record level in bounce mode. Some people don't seem to realize this (the manual doesn't make it clear) so they just set the master fader for a comfortable listening level in their headphones. But that will almost always lead to record levels that are too high or too low. You need to set the master fader according to the level meters, disregarding the volume of your headphones. On the BR-532, you can switch the location of the level meters within the signal path (see page 30). When bouncing, you need to switch the meter location to MST. That moves it to after the master fader so that moving the fader will change the level shown in the meters.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Hey welcome and great song. Better than my first recordings. As long as the  track your recording isn`t clipped
you`ll figure it out and do fine i have to say. Just don`t stop, you got the talent.

Now let me help you with the spelling - Cuntree song  :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity