"Don't say a word" a Geir original

Started by Geir, November 27, 2013, 08:33:07 AM

Geir

Geir - Don't say a word avg112
Time:
0:00
Volume:
oh my ... this is a long one ... both to make and to listen to ;)

Clocks in at almost 8 minutes so it's shrunk to 112kbs to fit .....

A lot of fun tools where used to make this one.

Lyrically it's two stories told here ... it changes halfway through.

This is the first song to feature my new Telecaster, and also the first time I used instruments from Xewton Musicstudio on the iPad.
Don't say a word
w/m:Geir
Instruments used:
MiM Fender Telecaster (rhythm and main lead.)
Ibanez ST300 (the lead/fills WAY back in the mix
vocals recorded vith built in mics and processed in Audacity
iPad:
DrumJam
Musicstudio didgeridoo and synth pads
iMini selfmade patch (the "chopper" sound that come in at about 3mins)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

WOW!! Where do i start! I listened on cans and that sounded epic! LOve the drumjam sounds. I`m working with that myself. That chopper effect sounds wicked!!!

Love the tele solos. Very tasteful licks that stay in touch with the song. The long vocal screams are out of this world.
It didn`t seem long while listening cuz it kept my attention the whole way, Gonna listen more! PIEPOD bound!!!

You`re the man Geir!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Farrell Jackson

Wow this is an epic song Geir but the 8 minutes went by before I knew it. The new Tele sounds sweet on the solos with it's clearish growl and it really stands out in the mix. Nice!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

Don't say a word!? FMGWABP

and while i am at it...................cor! blimey! gov!

the fastest 8 minutes i have ever spent, that just flew by, custard and apple pie to my ears.

and geir takes the ball.........................he runs............................he scores.............................................................goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Are you trying to out-epic Frank? You could be succeeding.....  A lot of depths to be explored here, love the guitar work and the Tele, she sounds really clear and sharp with a great clarity to the tone. It's a real grower and it builds beautifully, the vox and guitar leads work really well together, both counterpoint each other very well. Love the soundscape with digeridoos and various percussion things  going on, including choppers.......

Fabulous!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Liked the soundscape! Everything is on the right spot! A lots of layers here and the song sounds so dynamic and mellow! Special praise to the percussion! This is EPIC! Big WOW!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Wow!! This is huge, and and if you hadn't mentioned it was nearly 8 minutes, I would never have guessed - time just flew by.

Really incredible. I'm basking in the afterglow. :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

bazz-t-bass

Hi Geir...............what a zonking piece of work......I don't go on my holidays for that long..............great stuff. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Did just find the vocals a bit sibilant but could be my audio gear. :-\

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Hook

Spectacularly epic! This is equally amazing  in songwriting, production & performance. It's so thick & full of layers, it really reminds me of early Genesis. Your vocal is so strong it just carries me away & out of no where I have to hit start again!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

i hab bin drinkin letr guys in pub hear, concensus a fecking belter
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann