Headphones, Ear Buds etc ...???

Started by Kenny B, November 22, 2013, 02:36:47 PM

ODH

Quote from: Kenny B on November 22, 2013, 02:36:47 PMI've used the AKG K240 for about 10 years with my Zoom

Funnily enough, I have the same headphones for recording with my Zoom (R16).

I must admit I find them very comfortable and they're pretty accurate I think for monitoring.  I think the K271 is the next model up and has a closed back, which I probably would have gone for if I was buying now.  Having said that the semi-open back on the 240 is never and issue for me in recording.

For listening I have a pair of AKG K81 DJ Headphones.  These are less comfortable and a little bass heavy, but I think they're designed for use in a noisy (club) environment.  They're okay though.  I wouldn't use them recording.

I don't really get on with in-ear buds.  They make my ears hurt.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

chip

Quote from: Nick_ODH on November 25, 2013, 08:40:31 AM
Quote from: Kenny B on November 22, 2013, 02:36:47 PMI've used the AKG K240 for about 10 years with my Zoom

Funnily enough, I have the same headphones for recording with my Zoom (R16).

I must admit I find them very comfortable and they're pretty accurate I think for monitoring.  I think the K271 is the next model up and has a closed back, which I probably would have gone for if I was buying now.  Having said that the semi-open back on the 240 is never and issue for me in recording.

For listening I have a pair of AKG K81 DJ Headphones.  These are less comfortable and a little bass heavy, but I think they're designed for use in a noisy (club) environment.  They're okay though.  I wouldn't use them recording.

I don't really get on with in-ear buds.  They make my ears hurt.

the AKG 271's are indeed closed back, you can now find them for around £100, they come with an extra set of pads which are of a velvet nature, one coiled lead, another longer straight lead and a 1/4 inch jack adapter.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Flash Harry

Sennheiser CX500's for listening

Sennheiser HD201 for recording and 1st pass mix. I had a pair of Sony's before but the fell apart, got glued back together, fell apart again, got glued again and finally were un-gluable. They went in the bin.

The 201's are comfy and well balanced. I've not found anything close to them in the price range and they're only £20 a set.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Koss porta pro for listening. For recording I have some beat up and duct taped Behringer phones
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........