Away for a bit

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, November 16, 2013, 12:22:59 PM

Hi all,  just to let you all know, I won't be on site for a while. I'm having trouble finding time to comment on new songs/tunes  and I don't think it's fair to post without commenting, I'm sure you feel the same!!!!!  I will drop by now and again because there is some great music to be found here which I would hate to miss. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

Don't feel like you can't be a part of the community. If that means a little less then so be it, but don't think it has to. I, more than most, know the feeling. I do what I can when I can and I'm pretty selective of what I post since I don't spend as much time here as I once did. But I check in regularly and try to contribute when/where I can. This is a great place and part of what makes it great is that there aren't rules that say you HAVE to do something to be a part of it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ferryman

I had the same issue which was why I was off here for so long. I realised how much I missed it and even though I still am getting no music done, it is nice to see people developing. But I guess I don't have the issue of posting too much music as I don't actually do much......

I would suggest you just drop by when you can and put a few comments out there. Don't feel bad about not commenting on every post.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Don't feel bad, Roscoe. Post when you can (both songs and/or comments) and don't feel bad about it.

I went through a period of feeling guilty that I wasn't contributing properly or something... and then I realised that's a daft way of looking at this place (it makes us stay away when we feel like it!!!)

A community is for all of us. It means the community exists for me. It means the community exists for you. It means the community exists for each individual that needs it.

What it DOES NOT MEAN is that any of us should feel that we exist for the community.

Be yourself, do what you have to do. Be here when you can and when you need to be. The rest of us will accept it - we're all in the same boat! :)

(And, personally, I'd be more than happy to have the chance to hear your songs without you having time to listen or comment on any of mine - I'd much rather hear yours than imagine you're not posting stuff because you feel like you're not entitled too!!!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hilary

Quote from: AndyR on November 18, 2013, 03:05:13 AMDon't feel bad, Roscoe. Post when you can (both songs and/or comments) and don't feel bad about it.

I went through a period of feeling guilty that I wasn't contributing properly or something... and then I realised that's a daft way of looking at this place (it makes us stay away when we feel like it!!!)

A community is for all of us. It means the community exists for me. It means the community exists for you. It means the community exists for each individual that needs it.

What it DOES NOT MEAN is that any of us should feel that we exist for the community.

Be yourself, do what you have to do. Be here when you can and when you need to be. The rest of us will accept it - we're all in the same boat! :)

(And, personally, I'd be more than happy to have the chance to hear your songs without you having time to listen or comment on any of mine - I'd much rather hear yours than imagine you're not posting stuff because you feel like you're not entitled too!!!)

Absolutely, well said!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

thetworegs

Quote from: AndyR on November 18, 2013, 03:05:13 AM(And, personally, I'd be more than happy to have the chance to hear your songs without you having time to listen or comment on any of mine - I'd much rather hear yours than imagine you're not posting stuff because you feel like you're not entitled too!!!)

I agree.....keep em coming Roscoe

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

Nothing to feel guilty about, you have always been an active member in this fine community (regardless of what handle you use ;)). I will look forward to your next post & hope your hiatus is short lived!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely