Back (Wilfred Gibson WWI Poet) - andy casson

Started by andy casson, November 12, 2013, 04:29:35 AM

bruno

Those WWI poets could indeed write - as they had the scars, what they must have seen. Made me go back and read some Wilfred Owen.

When I was 5 or 6, I used to play in the garden - and there was an old boy (Mr Folkes) who lived next door and potter around the his garden. I spent hours chatting to him, lovely old guy - a veteran of WW1 and the trenches - but when ever I asked him about it, he said it was terrible and didn't want to speak about it. He gave me a periscope to play with, a world war 1 trenches scope which I still have, and I wonder what terrible things that would have seen - lest we forget!

Great song Andy, great song!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

AndyR

Powerful stuff.

Great music to go with the words. Love those strat parts. And a perfect vocal to deliver it. The backing vox (the ooh-aahs) towards the end are a perfect touch.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

T.C. Elliott

That arrangement is great. The whole damn song is nearly perfect. That driving bass drum evokes the war theme, the poem you used is good all on its own, but you did it justice and then some. That vocal is top notch, the addition of the two other vocal lines at the end was a great touch... just an all around great song/recording/whole thing.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Jarle

Fabulous song. The guitar riff is really cool and suits the feel of the song.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Glenn Mitchell

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Farrell Jackson

You have mastered this dark sound and style Andy......excellent production, playing and singing! The words you've chosen are a very fitting subject for the song or is the other way around? Both I think.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?