HOW can I record in High Definition for You Tube ?

Started by simonbath, March 04, 2009, 02:06:35 AM

simonbath

hi guys and girls...
my little boss br is great.
but ive been slam dunked.
on you tube now i see vids where the sound is just mind blowing.
the kids are calling this HD-high definition, i believe....
i want a piece of that....but have no idea what extra gear i need to turn my beloved boss br demos with microsoft moviemaker films into the mind wrapping gut wrenching type of high defintion modern tunage a howitzer would go running home to mummy about.
can any one help reinvent my sonic world?
yours mono-ly
luke

tkofaith

I'll let some of the audiophiles chime in here, but I think the .wav files produced on our beloved MBR are of the best quality (make sure you've selected "Hi-Fi" for file type!  ;) ).  Other than that, make sure your playing is up to snuff and you're using a HD camera!  Good luck!
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Kody

I've found that I get the best results when I record the video with my webcam and record the audio on seperate software.  Then I can use Windows Movie Maker's Timeline to syncronise the Audio/Video.  I tried recording the audio straight into the Line In of my PC-Sounded great, but the Audio/Video was off sync.  I don't have any videos posted yet....I've been to busy!! Hopefully this will help!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Flash Harry

Luke,

Get a good microphone and a good mic pre-amp with a stereo output. Plug that into Line in on the MBR and sit the whole lot in a quiet, deadened room. Use WAV files, or encode them to FLAC or other lossless format.

A good, relatively inexpensive mic, is the Rode NT1A

http://www.thomann.de/gb/rode_nt1a_inkl_sm1_grossmembranmikro.htm

They are available for about £120 - £130 if you shop around.

Amazing what can be achieved.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

simonbath

thanks to all you guys for chiming in, i enjoyed reading your comments.i must see how the hifi setting changes everything, i have a sixth sense that may be it....an extra mike may be an option later, but having just discovered the tweeking options of the onboard mic, for example upping the output (which i couldnt belive i hadnt known about...this machine really is full of surprises!!) ill just play with the hifi idea.
thanks again, re camera separate track idea, yes, fine. i normally put audio on separately on the microsoft film making package as advised. on same wavelength there. so thanks again forum members ofr a superb and generous contribution. go forth and multiply...er, tracks! chow for now. luke