Let it Grow - andy casson (with Video...complete with slippers)

Started by andy casson, November 06, 2013, 07:11:11 AM

andy casson

Let it Grow v2 128kb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Not the superb Clapton song, but a love song...a reminder to all of us, (especially me) that love needs nurturing as it does not stay still. This is a first pass, and I could easily throw in more guitars for the chorus', and played aound with the drum track, and simplified the vocals, and made it six minutes....doh!
enjoy  :)

v2 - mucking around....more settled mix/arrangement, re-recorded vocals, dropped accoustic, changed synth, added bridge after 2nd chorus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Spj2m7zYGo

Let it Grow
w/m andy casson
6th November 2013
Find your answers and let it show
Find some fire in your soul
Fight the fight with all you cherish, all you know
Hold it tight to your heart and don't let go
And let it grow....

And loves a treasure so kepp it close
It lights a fire through your soul
Can be lost in a moment but takes a lifetime to be known
Clasp it tight in your life and don't let go
And let it grow....

IanR

Hi Andy,

This sounds better than a first pass.  I like the dynamics of the song and also the sentiment.  Your voice sounds very tortured like a lover who has lost his love.  Did you have to practice singing that way?  :)

I remember once I went out to a football match and did a lot of yelling.  The next day I could sing like Johnny Cash. I recorded a song over a couple of days and was disappointed as the effect gradually wore off and I got back to my usual voice which to me, is not so interesting!

Well done.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Geir

Powerful stuff Andy !!

Love the dynamic.

Excellent vocals, and great screaming guitars!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Farrell Jackson

Nice and moody Andy! I like the impact of the huge chorus..it's a wall of sound! The pull back puts a good perspective to the lyric and your cool vocals. Good work!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Kenny B

recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Oh yeah fluffy slippers are the new rock an roll Mr C. I'm so glad you are putting more up on Youtube, I'd like to see you do a live recording, just you and an acoustic (well if you don't ask you don't get).

A powerful song, as always.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Rocking cool man, like Farrell said "huge chorus " & I'm adding a Monstrous to his "wall of sound'!
Rock on brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman

Sounds great to me, it has a fantastic "big" sound, comes across really well, I think if you threw much more in it may get lots because you already have a good "wall of sound" vibe going on here (in the loud parts). The quiet parts work really well with simple guitars and keys. The focus of this is the vocals with really compelling hooks around the "let it grow". Sometimes things just "work", this seems to be one of those tracks....

Great stuff again!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR