Chrome/Dragon Song#5

Started by dragonshade, March 03, 2009, 11:38:04 PM

dragonshade

Chrome 5
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey guys  :)

So I'm still going through the first disc that Chrome gave me. We have another from this Saturday with lots of new raw tracks, but I really wanted to get everything out of the first one before moving on. This one really grabbed me before.... but it's only a short track.... 1:30 mins, so I've left it. I'm going to forward this over to Chrome, and the original track (his original track) to have him redo it longer. I REALLY like the sound of it, but it's too damn short. This one gets kinda busy from the onset (in a good way), and on hearing it my wife says it's her favorite from us.... just wishes it were longer. I'm posting this as song 5, as it will become a "full" song, but I think as is would still be able to put on a demo disc.

A slightly different sound yet again, but I like it  ;)

Ferryman

This is great again, really like it. If you make it longer, I would take the opportunity to perhaps introduce a key change and drop one or two things out of the mix from time to time. you want to keep that repetitive, hypnotic feel but add a bit of variety. If Chrome redid any of this, you could ask him in some sections to just drop some of the backing stuff right back to a very basic beat so that you get more dynamics in the song. But keep the same beat going all the way through. Check out my original Unicordia post for the kind of thing I mean here - I had the drum machine going all the way through but just dropped it back to a few percussion instruments at one point to create some interest. It should be quite easy for Chrome to this, assuming he is using drum machines and sequencers.

There's a lot of potential in what you guys are doing here. With a bit more development, you have a killer set of work. I'd be tempted to work with Chrome to get him to create "songs" based around his beats, rather than just a beat. Now he can see what you are doing, it should be easier for him to visualize that.

I still find those tom-tom type rolls distracting - they don't really fit with the kind of hypnotic feel you have here. But he wasn't to know that when he created the beats!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mr2kewl

i'll agree with Nigel on the tom rolls not fitting in this piece.

it does sound like it can be built into a righteous song on what you have here. almost has an ELO feel to it.

good stuff, guys!!

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

lg

I agree and second all said above.
This has alot of potential.
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Flash Harry

You have got to get this stuff in front of a producer. This is so versatile. They'll go mad for it.

Stop posting it, You'll get it stolen!  ;D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

BossMicroBRew

C/D, your posts always add a new flavor to what is on the forums. I def like the sound where this is going.

Quote from: mr2cool on March 04, 2009, 05:27:06 AMalmost has an ELO feel to it.

VERY interesting, Mark. What an ear!! Can't say I disagree at all.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

dragonshade

Nigel... As always thanks for the input. I am hoping that all we are doing will be re-recorded in a studio someday (here's to hoping). What we are currently "producing" are somewhat finished songs... at least the rough idea, but not what I would really use for a final. Yes, you are dead on.. all these beats were pretty much just club beats made by him, with his flair. I'll go through them and just start working them, sometimes running with a melody he has in it, sometimes creating new different melodies to intertwine with what is there. Sometimes (as in number #6 I just finished) I'll take his core song/beat and just take it over, and change the whole feel from the original idea he had going. (I think #6 is my new fav  ;)) We have yet to sit down together to create anything, who knows may mess up the formula, or may take it to another level.

lg and 2cool ...Thanks guys. ELO huh? Man I think I remember like 1 song from them when I was a kid.

LOL Harry.... I wish, just need to find a producer. Both of what you're saying kinda ties in though... I want to get it out there, but I
am concerned about who I give tracks to. Posting here though I do have witnesses lol  ;), and the day and time the song was posted which I guess creates a formal record of ownership  ???

Boss... Cool man thanks. I think sometimes maybe our stuff is too far out there at times compared to other posts here.

tafka

i agree with you "its to short" great work though.love your stuff

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...