Self Improvement

Started by antisocialworker, February 15, 2008, 09:53:55 PM

bannybassman

This is a really nice song with some really heartfelt lyrics.
Your vox sounds pretty good to me, strained on a couple of the high notes, but on the whole not bad at all.
"A guitarist spends half his life tuning, and the other half playing out of tune"

64Guitars

On This Day bump.

Another one of my favourites. I really like hearing you sing and play acoustic guitar. Your newer stuff with RiffWorks is great too, but I'd love to hear more of your vocals & acoustic guitar as well.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

des0free

Like it!  Sounds a bit like lemonheads or wallflowers, which I like.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

daveyboy

I like it too, has a Pixies vibe going on for me too, which is good in my book ;)
Don't be too hard on yourself on your vocal, sounded damn good to me

What a pleasant surprise, just as you think you're beginning to know someones style this comes out of leftfield. Great emotion in the voice and the playing is supurb as always. Top notch..........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

This is cool. You need to be more confident, because these are stylish vocals. Hey... it works for Frank Black! The melody and songwriting is excellent too. It's all here: present and correct. Great work.

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

DeificDave

This is indeed a great song, very emotional and a powerful lyric.     
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Groundy

Nice one, ASW.
From The Golden, Oldies.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Ah sweet song with a killer chorus! I was expecting punk rock, but this was really something else!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR