Black Metal

Started by knniggits, March 03, 2009, 10:21:32 PM

knniggits

evoked mp3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A bit full on for most,and a sure fire way of inducing a migraine for the uninitiated.  ;D
Had to encode this at 96 kbps so the sound suffered a bit,probably should of left the intro out  :P
I might post this in collabs if anyone is keen on laying down some dive bombing slayer type insanity for the end sequence,also some black metal style vocals would be great but thats a bit of a long shot.
Let me know what you all think,and remember don't have nightmares  :D
The last 3 seconds is missing off the end for some reason,the first chuffing song i've managed to put a proper end on too  ???
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

dragonshade

D-A-Y-U-M

Man, some serious playing here, way beyond my skills. Though Black/Death Metal is a little too much for me..... you GOTTA respect someone who can play this fast and tight. Very VERY strong.

Greeny

I get a bit lost with this style of music. Maybe I'm just too old for it, lol. But I can recognise something that is expertly played and put together. Like this.

The intro alone is masterful. It really sets the mood beautifully.

Great work.

Ferryman

Love it. Great heavy sound, not that dark to me - there's some nice changes going on in there. Great playing, great intro. I do find the snare sound a bit distracting though. It sticks out in the mix and when you have the long snare sections it just sounds like a metronome, which takes your attention away from the changes that are going on with the guitars. If you could change the sound a bit, introduce a few fills to break it up or take it back in the mix that would help me, altho I think the style for this kind of music is to have the snare quite prominent.

It would be great with some strong vocals and shred solos. but that's not my department I'm afraid....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

Quote from: Greeny on March 04, 2009, 02:53:40 AMI get a bit lost with this style of music. Maybe I'm just too old for it, lol. But I can recognise something that is expertly played and put together. Like this.

The intro alone is masterful. It really sets the mood beautifully.

Great work.
i like the machine gun snare

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

I don't know what you mean, the end came out fine!
I love the intro, I'm glad you left it in.
I really love your work with this piece, it is not really my 'style'
of music, but Wow, man that is truly awesome...
But, you seriously need some vocal and maybe a pinch of a lead solo too!
Great job!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

knniggits

Thanks for the comments. I've reworked the drums a bit,dropped the volume of the snare in the blast beat sections and added some tom fills and extra cymbal crash's to liven it up a bit. Currently trying to get a vocalist off a black metal dedicated site. I'd like to work the lead guitar around the vocals idealy. I'll repost if i can get any further with this  ;D

Guitar-Maniac

would love to take a solo but, guitar having some problem
that needs repairing. I hope someone can add a lead + vocal
to this well deserving song.

good job m8.
oh yea, where did you get those drums? did you played them?
ahh wish the mbr had some double kick drums like that.
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Jim1970

Good Stuff!  The intro reminds me a little bit of Slayer Hell Awaits!

Jim
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

knniggits

Drums were created on pc drummer,fully programable drum software.Added the cymbal crashes in magix music maker,which is where i made the intro. I used magix to figure out the arrangment by  recording the basic riffs on the BR and swaping and changing them until i was happy in magix. I was then able to program the drum track and record the song proper. A usefull way to make riff based arrangments. Although it is a little time consuming  ;D