Cry No More - andy casson

Started by andy casson, November 02, 2013, 08:02:05 AM

andy casson

Cry No More v1 192kb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is one of the songs I have had a block with for the last week or two, so here it is without a third verse or a middle eight, any ideas and/or comments welcome...enjoy  :)

Cry No More
Andy Casson
2nd November 2013
You sold your soul to make ends meet
Worked night and day for a crust to eat
Tried to be strong, tried to belong
Swallowed your fears with each new dawn
So many burdens laid at your feet

But don't you cry no more today....

And day by day you're in retreat
Too old to work but too poor to eat
The nights are so long, living alone
You can't recall the day or times long gone
Signed it all away so no-one can see

But don't you cry no more today....

Gritter

Sounds just fine the way it is. Driving rock that doesn't let up. Great song, great production. Strong intro, heavy lyrics and catchy chorus. Sounds complete to me. Who needs a middle eight? If it happens it happens but in my opinion "needing" one just makes it formulaic. Also, at 3:50 it's a good length with only the two verses.

Facemask93

Wow , fucking awesome song Andy & only one reply , that stinks
What a great opening build up , then pow great voice , great guitar solo , love the drums
This is one good song , ill bump this till people wake up & smell the coffee
Fabulous
Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

andy casson

Thanks Sandy and Rob, IMHO it is still missing something, but I can't for the life od me work out what, it will be another one of those I come back to in 6 months I guess....cheers
Andy

T.C. Elliott

This effing rocked. I more than liked it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hilary

Oh yeah killer, I don't think it needs anything else (there's already a lot going on) but only you know what's in your head.

Red hot, but ice cool Mr C  8)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hi Andy, na you cracked it, you could add more but it sure doesn't need it to my ears, but you wrote it and know best. For me, great, which is a word I try not to overuse.  Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Great song Andy! The intro works so well at setting the stage for the upcoming power chords and verses. I have to agree with the other comments about this being a complete song just the way it is. As the song progressed I was thinking all it needs is a good guitar solo fade out to bring it home and there it was!

As I said the song stands well as is but if I were to make a suggestion it would be to drop out or pull back everything except the bass and drums just before the outro solo. I think that would be a good dynamic to add and then come back with the power..... but it does work great as is.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Quality track Andy - really like the drums on this, they work really well - and the overall mix is full but not overpowering. Really excellent job.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

that intro is fabulous and builds and builds into a mighty fine song, you seem to be on a roll these days andy. fabulous.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann