Come Inside

Started by indierik, March 02, 2009, 06:46:18 PM

indierik

latest come inside
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is a little song James (ORH...Vocals), Nigel (bass) and I have been working on. I am very happy with how this one turned out. What do you guys think?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

indierik

Come_Inside_Ch
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is another version James did with a little Chi chi chi in the background, I wasn't sure which one I liked better. You tell us.

Thanks for listening,

eRiK
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

mr2kewl

it sure is nice to the ORH vocals.

and Flash, i can only aspire to groove like you.

indeirik - do i have to choose?  ;)

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

lg

I really like all 3 of them.. but if I must choose,
then I suppose the one with the chi.chi.chi.
I love the doorbell effect of the harmonics...
And the lyrics, well sung, but the surprise ending is so cool.
Great work guys.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

Quoteand Flash, i can only aspire to groove like you.
not flash on bass nigel is ferryman.

will need to compare these in my mp3player lots of buzz on my crap pc speakers with second mix, re the chi chi mix forgot i did that, nigel reminded me last night about a week after doing it, must cut back on the gabby water.

update: just back from the school run and both mixes sound fine, vaguely remember trying to do that hanibal lecter thing with his tongue but couldn't so hence the chi chi thing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I like the chi-chi-chi-chi addition. With some fava beans and a nice chianti. This is a great song, fellas!

mr2kewl

i guess i now have two bassists to aspire to...

sorry nigel - i must have just naturally put Flash and ORH together in my mind. your groove is spot on with this.

tie
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Ferryman

Quote from: mr2cool on March 03, 2009, 04:01:58 AMi guess i now have two bassists to aspire to...

sorry nigel - i must have just naturally put Flash and ORH together in my mind. your groove is spot on with this.

No problem - being compared to Flash is a compliment I'm happy to live with! Glad you like the song, I have a sneaking preference for mix 2 myself.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 03, 2009, 01:24:23 AMmust cut back on the gabby water.
Careful - don't cut back too much as some of your inspiration seems to come from that direction. Think of this as your doctor's note....

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 03, 2009, 01:24:23 AMupdate: just back from the school run and both mixes sound fine, vaguely remember trying to do that hanibal lecter thing with his tongue but couldn't so hence the chi chi thing.
Scary. Works for me tho.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

chianti is actually my favourite wine, i know its dry and a bit ruff, but as a youngster my late dad used to take me to an old family run italian bistro, where the pasta came in a big bowl and the sauce in another and the house chianti came in a rafia wrapped jug/decanter type thingy, and the the sense of smell is associated with memory, so i think thats why i like it so much, ok it might not compare with a nice bordeaux claret, or a chilean merlot but it does it for me not sure if i've ever had fava beans tho, sure i have had every other kind i can think of. gawd i do go on.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann