Overloading---New

Started by Adam GT, October 19, 2013, 11:37:03 PM

Adam GT

Overloading
Time:
0:00
Volume:
https://soundcloud.com/adam-gt/overloading

hey, I set out to write and record a new track for myself for the week/weekend. Mission F*#%ing accomplished!!

Kinda a song about something i often hear "why dont you write less depressing stuff?" cause it is what it is. dont put me in a box lol  :) maybe this song will explain a bit of it

ESP guitars mmmhmm.

Lyrics-

Ill break thru this

ill kill it with this, its invincibility
mental agility control of ability
my soul to facilitate my pain to obliterate
heat to the core Spark to incinerate
on a roll now control aim and delivery
down for the sound cold hearted misery
it falls all around pound pound pound
you cant put it past me to explode on everything

so it is what it is what it is sooo it is what it is what it is soo
so it is what ive always known so it is so let it go

ive done my best to survive against everything
body and mind but my soul is another thing
it weighs and it tolls and live on in legacy
but where did it go when its time to show what it means
You better come harder you better or go alone
you better become wiser and have a heart like stone

so it is what it is what it is sooo it is what it is what it is soo
so it is what ive always known so it is so let it go
cant leave my eyes open cant live my life over
cant sit back and do nothing when I am overloading

you see inside me my obvious flaws my obvious wrongs that ill never resolve
still bleed inside me the obvious is gone my ever loving aptitude for destructive design
set to explode when we're still inside id stop it if I were the one controlling the one controlling the ride

8)

andy casson

Very cool Adam, "it is what it is" then? Cool vox and great guitar tones, though I could not make out the lyrics aside from the hook, I think you have a great voice, and this rocks with the passion of your message

Andy

bruno

Heavy track, those guitars sound real good.
I don't know if this was the effect you were after, but the drums sound a little detached in the mix to me (they are quite upfront in the mix) - although mixing really heavy music is real difficult, as its easy to loose clarity. They are nicely programmed and sound cool though - what are you using for drum?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

For a loud, raucous, screamer this is a really crisp & clean recording...well done brother!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Adam GT

Thanks a lot for the feedback fella's.
the drums are Beta monkey if you've ever heard of him. A big player in the drum loop world and on soundcloud.

I finished the vocals late and had to get some sleep but as usual the fine tuning of the mix can take a day or two and im always to excited not to post ;)

* And its done.
Spent the morning fixing the mixing and its better. Give it another play and see.

SOOooo     sooOOOO

bruno

Quote from: Adam GT on October 20, 2013, 07:10:43 AMThanks a lot for the feedback fella's.
the drums are Beta monkey if you've ever heard of him. A big player in the drum loop world and on soundcloud.

I finished the vocals late and had to get some sleep but as usual the fine tuning of the mix can take a day or two and im always to excited not to post ;)

* And its done.
Spent the morning fixing the mixing and its better. Give it another play and see.

SOOooo     sooOOOO

Oh - I love Beta Monkey - use them all the time. They are recorded quite dry, so I always add a bit of reverb. Will check out the remix :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Yeah - the mix is much more balanced now - great job.
:-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Adam GT

thanks for listening again.
I put a bit of compression on the drums and eq'd a hair. I also put a touch of reverb on the track as a whole in the mastering.

Ive been getting some good feedback on this one. Even heard it blasting from two of my co workers cars on the way home from work today  8)
BTW im a metal worker lol. all day, everyday, Metal, man.

Greeny

Heavy duty but hook-laden. Really well crafted and performed - a great listen :-)

Ferryman

Great stuff, the first of yours I have heard I think. Good heavy sound all round and some gret riffs, supported by nice guitar playing.

I like the drums so I will check out beta monkey, thanks for sharing the info.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR