Sanctuary - andy casson

Started by andy casson, October 16, 2013, 09:08:24 AM

Ferryman

Brilliant vocal performance here, I love the way they come in with such feeling. Great songwriting, the buildup and different sections work really, really well together. Superb overall sound, great use of the instruments to create a compelling mix that keeps the interest and draws you in through the whole 4 plus minutes.

The one tweak I would suggest from a mix perspective is that the vox are a bit loud for the quiet intro, I was turning up the volume to hear the acoustic guitars and the start of the vox did jump out a bit. The quiet guitars are a bit lost for me behind the vox at about 3:11 as well. Nothing major, it doesn't affect the track but I really like the quiet guitar work and to my ears it's a little lost.

Overall it's a brilliant track though, a superb effort and one I've had looping for about 20 minutes so far....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Wow! I almost missed this.... nice job; 2 mins "intro" is just great and when it really starts, it is like a kick in the face - classic rock'n roll with 70's vibe! Well performed and arranged! This works!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR