The Sign Says... - andy casson

Started by andy casson, October 14, 2013, 06:17:27 AM

andy casson

The Sign Says v1 128kb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Monday morning musings....what happens when you tinker with the accoustic at 6.30am...It's a song ostensibly about agrophobia and the ensuing panic & paranoia...
Enjoy  :)
Recording: Sonar X2 on the PC, via EMU1616 breakout, 2 strats, 1 tanglewood accoustic, 2 vox tracks (1 TC Helcion for harmonies) using Neumann mic, ibanez bass, Cakewalks session drummer & a couple of loops

The Sign Says...
w/m Andy Casson
14th October 2013
Busy streets
But I am caught here all alone
I can't think..
All the bodies to and fro

Let me go...to a place where I can breathe
Let me go...deep inside where I can dream

The Sign says you haven't got the time
The Sign says I am yours...what is mine?
These words are signed with tears
Cannot cope with all these fears

Human flows
Words are traded like they're blows
All I know is I am frightened and I'm low

Let me go...in my world where I can breathe
Let me go...to the moment I can dream

But the Sign says you haven't got the time
The Sign says I am yours...what is mine?
These words are signed with tears
Cannot cope with all these fears

Seedy hole....feel low

Hilary

Songcrafter gold - I really like this one Andy.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Greeny

Great atmosphere and tension, and as always, delivered with exceptional style and talent. You really know how to build a song up, and I love that moment where it takes flight at 4:20 - capped off with a superb solo. So damn good. Man, you always deliver.

SteveB

Quite simply, remarkable. I doubt that any sound-engineer on the planet could find a way of improving this song/production. A fantastic composition.
Do you know you sound like the singer Dave Cousins (The Strawbs, Family etc? Is it you??)
Unfotunately for me, Mr C., the subject matter is a road that I know all too well. And the eerie, slighlty meanacing and unnerving background perfectly captures the moments approaching the dreaded implosion.
It's another d/l into my A.C. folder. Well done again Sir.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Jarle

The tension takes hold from the start and don't let go before at least seven minutes. Love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

funkyaxe

Very gripping and tense. Love the way it builds up and the guitar solo is sublime. You can always tell when a song has your complete attention because its a 6 min song but only seems about 3 mins long such is the way it captures you. Great work here I think.

Funkyaxe ( andy )

Ferryman

Fantastic work with more brilliant guitar playing. You have a real knack of making epic, slow burn songs that maintain the interest throughout the whole piece (which is hard to do as far as I am concerned). The lyrics on this one are really good, very evocative. Superb stuff, I don't know how you manage to churn them out and keep the quality so high!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Lovely jubbbley Andy another gem....you've hit a seam keep digging!! > ;D ;D ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

You are on a major roll lately brother & this is solid gold my friend!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Yeh what he said, I think this could slot right into a movie soundtrack nicely.
A great story painted sonically with layers of atmospheric music.
Nice.