We Used To Know (Jethro Tull cover)

Started by Bluesberry, March 02, 2009, 04:02:55 AM

Bluesberry

We Used To Know (cover)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Howdy, I didn't have the inspiration or energy to do anything original this weekend (that original stuff is a lot of work  ;)), so I thought I would try a cover of a great old Jethro Tull song.  Back in the day when they were blues rock.  I love this song and it has one of the  greatest recorded Wah solos.  I substituted harmonica for the flute solo (I dont play flute).  It is all played by me (no backer).  I used all three of my electrics, my acoustic, bass, harmonica.  What do you think?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

i think its bloody great !!! love the harp.
top stuff

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

mr2kewl

i really like your voice, bluesberry. you have such a feel of "The Band" to your sound. i would love to hear you do a cover of one of their songs, like "Up on Cripple Creek" if you're going to take a break from doing originals.

good stuff, blues, good stuff.

tie
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Greeny

I don't know the original of this, but when it hit the wah solo it had me thinking 'Hotel California'! You've put this together VERY nicely. The wah is perfect - seriously good tone and playing. And I prefer your harmonica to Ian Anderson's flute, lol. Did you stand on one leg whilst you were playing it though?!  :D

Nice work.

p.s. Oh yeah... 'Up on Cripple Creek' would be a good one! I've done 'Ophelia' before. The Band are hard to cover, but I think you could pull it off.

lg

Hey I love your wah solo!
Wow, great playing, but I must admit my ignorance, I don't
know [or maybe forgot], the original... I am a Tull fan also...
What album was this off of?
Great job dude!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

The Reverend 48

Great Stuff I love the Harp and the wah solo..The rest was pretty dam good too 8)
I'd love to duel with the wah sometime! ;)

Bluesberry

Great thanks for the comments fellas.  This was from the 2nd album (Stand Up).  I really love the first three Tull albums, very much blues rock oriented, before all the wonderful Prog stuff.  I spent some time trying to get this as good as I could muster, a bit of a labour of love, as I really love this song.  I think it turned out pretty good.

Forte8, A Wah duel would be very cool for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: Greeny on March 02, 2009, 04:19:57 AMI don't know the original of this, but when it hit the wah solo it had me thinking 'Hotel California'! You've put this together VERY nicely. The wah is perfect - seriously good tone and playing. And I prefer your harmonica to Ian Anderson's flute, lol. Did you stand on one leg whilst you were playing it though?!  :D

Nice work.

p.s. Oh yeah... 'Up on Cripple Creek' would be a good one! I've done 'Ophelia' before. The Band are hard to cover, but I think you could pull it off.

good stuff-i hear that progression too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

RevHeadRaZ

Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

BossMicroBRew

That you on the harp, huh? Awesome. What a post and a fine cover. You really put it together on this one, man. Nice wah solos.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton