Chrome/Dragon Song#4

Started by dragonshade, March 02, 2009, 01:40:30 AM

dragonshade

CHROME4C
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is a new one lol.

The is the 4th one done off the original disc Chrome gave me. There are another 2 or 3 I want to work with, and  :o we spent a few hours together Saturday and he has given me yet another disk  :-[ with even MORE tracks (some are flat out killer). This guy's talent is wild....he's just creating beats and melodies on the fly, and I'm like save that! ....record that!! lol

I think our goal will be to get 8-10 songs done, and demo-able and then we'll try to promote them. (Mr. Chrome may just have an opportunity to drop a copy of what we have so far in an important hand this coming week. Here's to hoping for the best  ::)).

This is a little different, and yet still the same.

Feedback as always is more than welcomed.

tafka

oozing quality this.Brilliant post.
more please.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Greeny

These songs have so much potential. They would make great movie soundtracks as they are, but need vocals to take them to the next level. Very fine work though. You've hit a winning combination...

Guitar-Maniac

good stuff man, can't believe 2 different styles work
so well together. i aint no Hip hop fan tho! haha
but yea, works very well together.
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Ferryman

Love it! It does have a bit of a different feel, this one is a bit more hip-hoppy, but the guitars keep it "heavy melodic". I do find the sort of rattly tom-tom run a bit distracting though - it doesn't fit too well with the hypnotic feel of the rest of it. If you could lose those or at least get them a bit lower in the mix that would be good IMO. But nothing major. Keep 'em coming!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

RevHeadRaZ

Another one! I think u've found ur niche, hehe

u guys need to find a good rapper, and u could be on to something big..
What does chrome use to do his tracks?

P.S. I agree with ferryman, bring the tom-tom fill down in the mix
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

BossMicroBRew

You've posted some great stuff so far. You got another one here. Really like it. Hope you get some vox on it soon.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

dragonshade

Tony... Many thanks, means a great deal. Lol, more?? I don't seem to be able to stop  :-\ , just recorded number 5.

Tim... How we'd love to sell a soundtrack. I'm really considering running an ad locally for a vocalist/rapper who can also write lyrics (as Chrome nor I can it seems). Maybe we'll get lucky. I feel the same about what we are doing (thanks), I am very lucky to be linked up with Chrome, we both think we are onto something special.

GM... Really I am not either. That's kinda why I drug my feet on Chrome's first disc, what's come of it blows my mind though.

Nigel... Cool, and so glad you are still checking in on our songs. I agree on the toms. I'm not sure if it's the limitation of his set-up. Everything will eventually have to be recorded (hopefully), and that sound will go likely. Please keep up the input, we need it.

Raz... LOL, maybe ;D Enjoying the heck out of it for sure either way. Chrome just cranks out tracks, and if I really sit down with one, and things start to flow I can usually do one in a night, 2 at the most. Only thing with the rappers is usually the lyrical content is shit. Though.... to make $$ on my music I can overlook a fair amount  ;) This past Saturday I saw Chrome's set-up. Really not much to it... an Axiom (I think that is the brand) keyboard/synth ($399.00 model...he wants the $4500.00 Roland though  ::)), and his computer. I'm not sure what sound/mixer software he uses, but with the keyboard it is amazing the sounds he gets. Everything is sampled on the keyboard/drum pads and then worked with in the software. My brain hurt watching him.

Boss... Hey thanks  :)

guitarron

very interesting stuff
how are the drums being created?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

dragonshade

Ron... I'm not really sure how Chrome creates all of them. I know he has touch pads on his keyboard, and some loop type patterns in his software that is fully editable, but beyond that I'm clueless. I know he is lurking around here occasionally hopefully he join and start posting along.