'Do the Swamp Stomp Boogie' (on a handmade 3-string Cigar Box Guitar)

Started by Greeny, October 01, 2013, 06:11:27 AM

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 01, 2013, 01:00:14 PMWow. Sounds great and looks great too. Did you make the neck and fingerboard as well? What sort of pickup did you use and where/how is it mounted? I can't see it in the picture.

Quote from: andy casson on October 01, 2013, 12:09:59 PMfill me in on where and how you made this as I would love to have a go!

I've started a new thread in general discussion with a bit more info!

Gnasty

The tone on that guitar is so dirty good. Wow what a song!! I read all about how you made it.

Damn you`ve inspired to get one that`s for sure. Wicked excellent Harp at the right moments.
I love how the guitar and bass wind up alone and the bassackwards ending leading into the clean
slide is perfect!

Great song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Jarle

Brilliant tune. The cigar box guitar sounds great and your playing is awesome.
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

Sounds great Tim ever since i saw and heard one Wiley made over at the cool lab ive had gas for one and now youve gone and made the gas hurt more......a splendid song you must have some cajun in you

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Flash Harry

Hells bells Tim, do you sleep? Do you dream in pentatonic?

Amazing, monstrous, durty and way way cooler than anything I have ever heard.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Farrell Jackson

I stumbled upon this cool Greeny song in the On This Day jukebox (20130. I'm not sure if I commented then but I am now. Wow, his hand built 3 sting cigar box guitar has all the swampy, bluesy mojo one would ever need! A great song Tim...take that beast for a ride again!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

SE

Wow,don't know why I missed this first time  round, but this class.
What great listen,loving the bass break and train and stereo effects, just cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ted

Super cool. Extra points for being a Micro BR production. Nice use of (I'm guessing) Bayou!

You'd be deadly with a kabosy.

BTW: How did "swamp" become associated with gritty sexiness? Have you ever been to a swamp? They're wet and humid and full of bitey things. Somehow swamps have excellent marketing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac