Live Shuffle in My Living Room

Started by Blooby, March 01, 2009, 08:06:38 PM

Blooby

Shuffle
Time:
0:00
Volume:

This tune has an odd story behind it. None of the four of us had ever played together before. For starters, we just decided to try a shuffle in G. It was completely spontaneous, which is why is starts so tentatively and has its share of rough patches. When the keyboardist started singing, it caught us all by surprise as well (I still don't know what the hell he's saying).  We did some other stuff as well that night, but it tended to be much more jammy and experimental.  

Recorded live through a BR-1600: two guitarists, bassist, keyboardist/vocalist, drums were programmed after the fact on the BR.

I squashed it to a mono 80 kb/s MP3 in order for it to upload.

Peace.

Blooby

The story...

My work life as an assistant principal is pretty busy, so about a year ago, I started to envision jams at my house, cutting out the moving of gear (twice) and travel time.  Sam Ash had a 20% off & 18 month/same as cash Halloween sale, and I rationalized an electronic drum set (I'm a guitarist) in an effort to keep jams at neighborhood-friendly volumes (rationalization is a talent really).  I already had some other gear lying about, which would help get the ball rolling.

Over the winter holidays, I started checking gig boards and local web sites in an effort to find like-minded, good-natured people who check their egos at the door, and who like to play music.  Since the goal was not to play out, everybody has tended to focus on the positive instead of yelling at each other for coming in late on the chorus...or whatever.

I must say it's a nice diversion.  We're supposed to come in prepared with the old Buddy Miles version of "Dreams," Marshall Tucker's "Can't You See," and Cream's "Badge" for our next jam on Tuesday.  This should be interesting as the electronic drum set will finally be used by an actual drummer (whom I also haven't met).  I look forward to see what kind of train wrecks we can get in.  By the way, I have christened our revolving cast of musicians "The Museum of Oddities."

BossMicroBRew

Blooby, I don't know what he's saying either, but I like it! This is pretty impressive for the first time you all have ever played together before. Can't wait to hear what else you post from your "Blooby Sessions."
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

Man this is great stuff!! Tell me something Baby-- tell me something good- I went downtown looking for a hmhkad;adoiajja;l!---I think that's what he said....

In all seriousness, you guys are really too good to not play anywhere, but I totally understand the idea of "no pressure". Sounds like loads of fun!! I'm really impressed with the overall talent- sounds like all the musicians have alot of it! And w/ no drums---that's impressive! I too look forward to your next posts! (not to pressure you or anything) :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Rata-tat-tat

Blooby..
Man you guys are smokin... Thanks for the great music, you guys keep it up and keep postin... some great talent here.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

lg

Wow Blooby!

This is a great little blues shuffle!
You are a great blues guitarist!
Amazing for the first time session... Just think, this is the worst it will ever be, because you guys are goin' get better & better... Wow!
I am anxious to hear your next session!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bluesberry

Yes sir that is a great groove for sure.  Your keyboardist sounds like a crackerjack if he can play keys and sing like that.  What great guitar work, very impressive.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Very nice jam. That keyboardist can sure sing!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wiley

My Gosh, You guys were great!  My kind of jamming, wish I was in your living room.  That guy can play keys for sure.  This song is going on my mp3. Makes you want to tap your feet and boogie.  Hope to hear more!! And you guys can only get better.  Just think thats the Br drums, sound pretty good to me.

Greeny

Quote from: Blooby on March 01, 2009, 08:06:38 PM...Cream's "Badge" for our next jam on Tuesday

OOoh! One of my faves. Looking forward to hearing that one!  :)

You fellas have a great sound. Cool stuff!