"Camera" - MET Norway 2013

Started by Geir, September 29, 2013, 12:58:55 PM

Geir

NorMET 2013 - Camera
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Norway2013 (banner image missing)

Another Jemima's Kite song from "Kinda Hazy".

The usual JK setup, but now with some good friends joining in ;D

This is the last one we recorded before the Englishmen and Bjørn had to leave. There's still a few not posted yet tho. ;D

Camera
James: vocals
Mike : bass
Tim and Geir: electric guitars
Jarle : drums
Tharek and Bjørn : Acoustic guitars
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Burtog

That is fecking great, I really wanna see you guys play live!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Stunning job by all of you! Real cool drumming, Jarle!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Excellent performance, sounds great all round. It's great to hear a JK song with some live drums, it really makes the groove come alive. How did you guys get so tight in such a short time (I mean musically, not alcoholically)?

The first I have dipped into of the Norway fest, looks like there are many more to enjoy.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on September 30, 2013, 04:19:02 AMHow did you guys get so tight in such a short time

It was great to just lock into the E-chord groove on this one. It all felt very natural, and there was great musical chemistry without the need for lots of rehearsals. I think we did 2 or 3 run throughs on this one (mainly so I could share the chords & structure with everyone) then we just went for it. It's a pleasure to play with musicians of this standard though - they were dealing with anything thrown at them.

Yes - the live drums take everything to a new level. And the way Mike was locked in with Jarle was incredible.

Flash Harry

Me and Jarle - Rhythm brothers.

It was great playing with Jarle, we seemed to just work together naturally, I hadn't thought about it until just now after reading Tim's comment, probably because I hadn't had to think about it when we were playing.

Musically, everything just worked, it was natural, easy, there was an atmosphere of supportive collaboration - really an extension of the ethos that makes this site such a great place. There was no need to think about the delivery of the goods, just learn, rehearse, play.

Fantastic.

Mind you, I couldn't get out of bed - not from the effects of the night before but because I was in a bunk and I couldn't climb out. Tharek had to lift me down both mornings.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hook

Off the hook my brothers, some mothers need to hear about this one. Bruno & I had that same experience about clicking together, with such  shared musical identities it's not surprising to me at all. Of course, like Bruno, you guys are all quite amazing musicians...BRAW!
Rock On! 

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Great song and tight, joyful performance.  :)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

andy casson

This is just awesome! Unbelievably tight... as a gigger many moons ago I know how much time and effort usually goes into getting a song down as great as that... so for 3 run throughs you are all masters of your craft
Bravo

Andy

64Guitars

Great job. Mike and Jarle are really cookin' on this one. Guitars and vocals sound great too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website