"First and Last (Abridged)" - Original by Ted

Started by Ted, September 29, 2013, 11:29:59 AM

SwanSong

hi Ted , marvelous vocals and harmonies. nice easy beat
and well produced. enjoyed this so very much  2 thumbs
up cheers Neil...!

Oldrottenhead

playing catch up, following my norse adventures and my pc blowing up, got lots to catch up on. loving this ted, vox got a shade of the B52's.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

So hard to do, sounding original that is, maybe a nod here and there to some greats but that's cool, really enjoyed the tune!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

Trying to catch up a bit after the NorMET adventure ......

WOW Ted !! This is absulutely fantastic!!!! Maybe the most inspiring song I've heard hear in a while, and that says a lot.

From the opening guitar riff this one was a hit for me. And it just kept on getting better. Everything in this song is fab. Great bass (as expected), great vocals (don't sell yourself short Ted), great guitarwork and a great arrangement/production of a fab song !

Did I say I love it ? I DO !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Very captivating riff! The chorus is very catchy - listened to this a couple days ago. Now, it feels almost infectious :) . Fine job on arrangement and production, as well! On some spots this sounds a bit to Monochrome Set, which is a good thing!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Geir on October 07, 2013, 06:08:23 AMMaybe the most inspiring song I've heard hear in a while, and that says a lot.

That does say a lot. It says you're full of shit. But thank you anyway.

Quote from: Redler on October 07, 2013, 11:37:10 AMOn some spots this sounds a bit to Monochrome Set, which is a good thing!

I just looked at the Wikipedia page for  The Monochrome Set. Seems like a band I should know about. Thanks for the tip.

I am planning on redoing the lead vocals because of some suggestions that came from the band members. They wanted me to reinsert some lines from the long epic version of the song. I've also cut out a bit of the bridge, which seems to go on forever. Stay tuned.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

first-and-last-abridged-alt-end-alt-bridge-160
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Ted on October 07, 2013, 01:03:53 PMI am planning on redoing the lead vocals because of some suggestions that came from the band members. They wanted me to reinsert some lines from the long epic version of the song. I've also cut out a bit of the bridge, which seems to go on forever. Stay tuned.

I actually got around to it! Plus I expanded the keyboard part some, because I didn't want our keyboardist to have to sit on his hands during the verses.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Haven't re-listened to the original, but I can tell you I really like this version, so whatever you did sounds great! The guitar in the middle is excellent, very well done. Great track Ted.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Love the new re-duxed mix! It's so clear and well balanced, and just enhances what was already a fantastic song. Could listen to this one all day :-)

andy casson

Great song Ted, really great mix, I love the bass work and your voice, and above all catchy and clever...excellent

Andy