"A Mellow Afternoon" - Jazz Standard in D Major

Started by Pharoah246, September 29, 2013, 11:20:55 AM

Pharoah246

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

So this is my very first recorded attempt at Acoustic jazz. I was listening to some Zane Carney last night and was greatly inspired to write some Jazz of my own, as I've always loved the mellow tones and exciting riffs that Jazz music produces. Although I have my roots in the blues, and will probably write something like this for the blues, I figured I'd give this a shot. It's called "A Mellow Afternoon". Tell me what ya think.

Check out my free online EP "An Inside Sunrise" on SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/luke-williams-83/sets/demos

Greeny

A lovely and organic recording. I like it when you can hear the palm squeaks and the notes 'breathing' like this. Mellow and relaxing, and some really good playing. Nice.

Gu Djin

Very cool playing.  I like the squeaks etc.  too.  Though I think they do sometimes ride over the music a bit too much.

Good stuff - wish I could play as well as this though.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X