"Lead me Home" - MET Norway 2013

Started by OsCKilO, September 29, 2013, 01:53:42 AM

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on September 30, 2013, 04:26:25 AMNot sure if it was done live but you've captured a lovely feel in the recording.

This is the only song that wasn't done totally live, and was recorded in separate parts. There was some debate about adding extra guitar, but sometimes less is more. It was very special watching it being shaped. I'll never forget Tharek and Jarle sitting away together on a bench by the fjord writing it. Was a pleasure to play even a tiny part in the recording of it.   

Flash Harry

My best memory of this recording is of me standing next to Tim in front of a pair of mics singing some backing vocals with Geir hitting the right buttons in the right order.

It was spinetingling!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gu Djin

Cool sound - Sad song but - settling never the less

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

despite the poignancy of this song, it brings back great memories for me. i can see tharek and jarle in my minds eye sitting on a bench atop some rocks as the created the song. i love you both.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

It was an incongruous sight, a Norsk giant and a not so giant English giant under a tree, on a rock, next to the sea, with guitars. All a bit surreal.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

kenny mac

This is a great little song and I agree with greeny in this case less is more.
Well done guys.

A lovely song guys, poignant and moving but full of hope. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

Wonderful singing and harmonies..very plesant and easy going tune
i liked how the harmonies. fell in at different parts of song. congrats.
well done Neil.!

cuthbert

Beautiful and touching song, guys - love the impromptu live feel to it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

This sounds like a traditional song -- a standard -- not one written in the last month. Very touching.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac