Eyeglass 2013 - andy casson

Started by andy casson, September 27, 2013, 04:59:44 AM

andy casson

Eyeglass 2013 160kb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a we-work I have been promising myself I would do for 11 years now...and it happens to be a re-work of the first song I posted over 3 years ago recorded back in 2002. I have slowed it down somewhat, but quite pleased with the results even though Sonar is crashing all over the place...
Enjoy  :)

Eyeglass 2013
Andy Casson
Written 17th June 1987
Through the eyeglass of a dream I stood and stared into faces into cares... calling
You mirror what you see, in the hour of my need You stood without a care...taunting
Your stature and your years harvest nothing, only fear.
How will you fare at the dawning?

Refrain: People and power, power to the people

Put shutters at your windows, your feet against the door.
Block your eyes and your ears, before it rips through your soul
Eyes that will not even see, ears that will not even hear
You swallowed all your keys...shed your tears

Who will tell me what this means, soothsayer reading dreams
Ecstatic in stare calling
Shadow clings to your face, standing still bound and chaste, the birth of a new morning

Farrell Jackson

A great atmospheric opening with the piano and guitar interaction Andy!  I like the dark melody and lyric supported by the cool guitar riffing in the background. I haven't heard the first version but this one is excellent!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Very impressive! The lyric fits perfectly on music! Piano and guitar additions are just great!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Wow brother, very cool, moody piece. Well put together & produced...proud you should be!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Loving this, especially the lyrics. How different we are, my songs composed, played and recorded in usually half a day and then forgotten and yours recalled from way back then. Nice song to recall. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

What's happened? Have you discovered mortality?

This is the second I have listened to yours tonight and they have both been slow and very introspective.

I'm loving this new direction. That piano riff is perfectly placed. Fantastic job.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gu Djin

Reckon you must be a bit of a perfectionist/mentalist.  Plays with moods.  As music should.

Enjoyed

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Jarle

Nice song Andy. I had to listen to your first version, altho it was good this is much better. This has more depth and maturity. I'm glad you redid it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

HI Andy . this was well worth the wait. my freind. very melodius.
well sung and played..super listen . hats off cheers Neil