Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

WarpCanada

And in 2020, Gibson seems to have had so many additional debacles and restarts you really do wonder what's up.

Meanwhile Cakewalk by Bandlab is fantastic and is free.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

guitarron

Quote from: WarpCanada on November 03, 2020, 05:04:55 PMAnd in 2020, Gibson seems to have had so many additional debacles and restarts you really do wonder what's up.

Meanwhile Cakewalk by Bandlab is fantastic and is free.

It's funny, I'm reading this thread again 2 years later.
I was a longtime paying customer of Cakewalk. (still a little red assed about it lol). But, before BandLab came to the rescue (thank you BTW), I researched what my next DAW would be. Settled in with Reaper. Best 60 bucks I ever spent on software.
Now when I go into my old cakewalk projects, it feels restrictive to me. It's good solid,still a bit  innovative software, but I'm not looking back. Reaper is rock solid. No bloat ware. Simple solid plugins.
You don't need to use all the customization it can do. You use what works for your individual workflow.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

WarpCanada

Right,  Sometimes it just feels like you can't stand in the same river twice.

I never went back to Cakewalk, after buying Cubase Pro.  But I keep Cakewalk by Bandlab installed out of nostalgia for my years of messing around half heartedly in there before I actually learned or made anything finished that could be called a song.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada