Whirlwind

Started by Adam GT, September 21, 2013, 10:05:34 PM

knniggits

Great vocals. I didn't hear the instrumental version but you can tell the vocals really tie it all together nicely. If you're still working on it i'd like to hear the distorted guitar track a little louder in the mix in the heavier sections,may be a matter double tracking and panning left and right a little. Although this may ruin what is already a cool sounding song
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

phantasm777

very cool man! what instruments do you play, besides guitar? if you ever need some bass or drums, always up for a collab!

Adam GT

Alright! Thanks guys.
I am done with it now. Im happy with it.  :)

The guitars are panned. The main riffs are panned 100 left and right. The lead riffs at about 70 i think.
Bass and drums down the middle with vocals too but vocals are mastered a bit wide.

As usual im using drum samples and then the rest is me.

I had that intro riff for awhile but it was different. Once i made the change to what is now, it all just came out. A bit of magic i believe.

bazz-t-bass

Hi adam....it takes quite some experience to reach the stage where mixing becomes intuitive. I'm still all at sea after 3 years. ::)

Its certainly a good idea to leave things alone for a cuppla days. When you go back you'll hear it with fresh ears.

I'm always surprised when I post something and someone at once points out that e.g. drums too forward. eq is too bright etc..........and they are always right. :-\

Good song and great performance.
 ;)
Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????