Sorrows - andy casson

Started by andy casson, September 21, 2013, 10:54:25 AM

andy casson

Sorrow v1 128kb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is not the song I have been working on most of the week, this is the product of writers block on the lyrics of the usually depressing stuff I come out with... and deciding to play around with some blues riffs. I can't take it seriously, but enjoyed the playing around  ;D

Recording: PC via EMU-1616 breakout, Sonar X1 (which crashed more times than I have had hot dinners)/...X2
1 accoustic, double tracked, 4 tele tracks, 1 main vox, 1 backing double tracked with TC Helcion, 2nd backing vox.
Sonars guest drummer and 1 Dimension synth

Sorrows
Andy Casson
21st Sept 2013
Sorrow's born deep in a mans soul
She takes a hold of your heart and never lets go
And she rages like a fire out of control
She can grip like a vice down to your bones

And a man born of sorrow is a man born old
He's a victim of the fates and his heart is cold
Try to take me higher but my sorrows enfold
I am trapped in the fire of my sorrows hold

Throw your fears awaydon't run away from it all
Come on find a way don't stumble and fall...

Hilary

Well you sure know how to put a track together Mr C - I really enjoyed it :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

thetworegs

Wether your taking it serious or not Andy i love it  great vocal.....i'm going in for a second listen...more of that quirky bluesy backing please

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

kenny mac

Nice one andy,clear as a bell.
Great stuff.

Hook

Very cool brother, love that driving tom tom beat & that bridge into the break down...super cool!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bazz-t-bass

Hi Andy......fine writing 8) .... ....fine performance 8)...........fine recording. 8)....#

in Fact........fine 8) 8) 8) 8)

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Jarle

Great song, I like the subtle use of keyboards. Your vocal are splendid as usual.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

Doesn`t sound like any writer`s block. That drumbeat gives a wicked flavor to this.

You know i always enjoy your work Andy. Gonna have to hear the one supposed to be working on.  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Glenn Mitchell

I really like the arrangement. Good clarity. Fab drums. Good song. Well done. I don't know Sonar's Guest Drummer? (I have X1 Producer). Altho I lost you on the tempo about 4:28, it's an excellent song.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Greeny

This is great, Andy. So many great touches, and I love the acoustic / electric combined flavour. That repeating little chime in the left ear is great - gave me an 'I'm a Man' Spencer Davis vibe. No idea why you don't take this seriously... it's a massive, epic sounding track. Fabulous choruses, and as always, everthing is delivered with class and conviction. Love it!