Smooth Jazz

Started by mr2kewl, February 28, 2009, 02:50:12 PM

guitarron

Quote from: hardlock on February 28, 2009, 03:31:44 PMSweet tones you're getting from your new toy! 

Tell me, I have an expression pedal for my BR-600 that allows wah-wah but which direction is typical for the Cry Baby? 

Pedal up for high tone or down?  I can switch the polarity for going either way and want to not develop any bad habits since I've never used one before.  :-\

Thanks,
Ken
does it really work and respond as a real wah?
considering getting an expression pedal for my 600 as well
i'd be interested in hearing it
which pedal did you get

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

holdempok

ahhh very nice. I see you were up late last night. It's funny how music does that to ya.
Why don't we do it on the road?

BossMicroBRew

Smooooth as butta, mr2coooo. See you got that wahwah all rigged up. Rightly so, this is just 2cool. Nice post.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

mr2kewl

Quote from: guitarron on March 01, 2009, 05:06:27 AM
Quote from: hardlock on February 28, 2009, 03:31:44 PMSweet tones you're getting from your new toy! 

Tell me, I have an expression pedal for my BR-600 that allows wah-wah but which direction is typical for the Cry Baby? 

Pedal up for high tone or down?  I can switch the polarity for going either way and want to not develop any bad habits since I've never used one before.  :-\

Thanks,
Ken
does it really work and respond as a real wah?
considering getting an expression pedal for my 600 as well
i'd be interested in hearing it
which pedal did you get

I got a Cry Baby GCB-95. pedal down for highs and up for lows.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

dragonshade

Very relaxing Mr. Cool. You do have a gentle touch on the notes, very nce.

Greeny

So mellow! Sounds like it should be a track on Donald Fagin's brilliant 'Nightfly' album. Great work.

Bluesberry

Just had another listen while eating lunch here at work, I LOVE THIS.  There, I said it again.  This wah sound is doing things to my brain, really cool good things.  Thank you.  You have a really great touch on that guitar.  8)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

This is indeed verrrry cool. Nicely played and nicely recorded. As a non-jazzer, i still had this looping while working today. Really nice feel, well done.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mr2kewl

thank you - thank you - thank you

i'm truely humbled by all of your comments.

Quote from: Greeny on March 02, 2009, 04:41:26 AMSo mellow! Sounds like it should be a track on Donald Fagin's brilliant 'Nightfly' album. Great work.

tim, i have to say that your comparison to Donald Fagen blows me away, since it was Steely Dan's music that planted the Jazz seed in my taste of music.

thanks again all, for the great feedback.

tie
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Greeny

Quote from: mr2cool on March 02, 2009, 07:28:45 PMthank you - thank you - thank you

i'm truely humbled by all of your comments.

Quote from: Greeny on March 02, 2009, 04:41:26 AMSo mellow! Sounds like it should be a track on Donald Fagin's brilliant 'Nightfly' album. Great work.

tim, i have to say that your comparison to Donald Fagen blows me away, since it was Steely Dan's music that planted the Jazz seed in my taste of music.

thanks again all, for the great feedback.

tie
8)

I think Steely Dan are brilliant. Not many people I know agree with me though, lol. Check out 'Nightfly' if you haven't already. It's a bit of a classic - like Steely Dan, but more late-night-jazz sounding. I can definitely hear the 'Dan influence in your own sound.

Here's Fagen's 'Ruby Baby'. Bad video, but the song isn't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-hM0hePHXg