Smooth Jazz

Started by mr2kewl, February 28, 2009, 02:50:12 PM

mr2kewl

Smooth_Jazz
Time:
0:00
Volume:
i think i may be the third one to do an interpretation on this backing track. but, I was dying to try out my new Cry Baby.

way cool, it is...

but, like any new added thing to think about, it took me a few takes to get my feel with it. over used in spots and under used in others. boatload of fun nonetheless.

8)

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

hardlock

Sweet tones you're getting from your new toy! 

Tell me, I have an expression pedal for my BR-600 that allows wah-wah but which direction is typical for the Cry Baby? 

Pedal up for high tone or down?  I can switch the polarity for going either way and want to not develop any bad habits since I've never used one before.  :-\

Thanks,
Ken
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Blooby

Very nice. 

Hardlock, almost as a rule, pedal down for high tones.  Having said that, I have some ancient wah pedal (National ME-940) that also produces wind, surf, and siren sounds that is reversed.  I've often wondered if somebody just wired it incorrectly.

I need to dig that thing out (or blow it up).

Blooby

hardlock

Thanks Blooby,  Hey, don't blow it up, sell it on Ebay.  Probably a classic worth a bunch!

Ken
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

8) That is bloody freaking killer sounding, I mean it, this is getting in my head sending me off to the stars.  I don't know why I like it  so much other than perhaps your gentle touch and the feeling that is here.  I LOVE THIS.  Great Wah pedal usage.  Really great playing, tone, emotion, notes.  You are on to something with this sound for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

its 11:20 PM UK time.....
and i am chillin' to some top sounds here. one more draw on a cig..and a sip.
Exellent sounds!!

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Wiley

Great job!  this you could just listen to all day long. So mellow.

lg

What a nice sweet sound... That is almost 2Cool Mr.
Seriously tho, nice job. Smooooth....
LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

The Reverend 48

You have lived up to your name 8) great night music......
the tone and the wah are perfect..........

mr2kewl

thanks for all of the comments.

it is my goal as i'm sure it's the goal of each of here and that is to stir up feelings with our music.

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 28, 2009, 03:59:25 PM8) That is bloody freaking killer sounding, I mean it, this is getting in my head sending me off to the stars.  I don't know why I like it  so much other than perhaps your gentle touch and the feeling that is here.  I LOVE THIS.  Great Wah pedal usage.  Really great playing, tone, emotion, notes.  You are on to something with this sound for sure.

i'm feeling very fulllfiled if i have moved you with this song. i was really just trying out the wah. hopefully, i can get this sound with the "Quartet" when i'm playing all the parts.

tie
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra