"Missed My Moment" a Hook original

Started by Hook, September 15, 2013, 09:14:20 PM

Hook

Missed My Moment
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It's been awhile since I've gone all mixed meter & with the access to the Yamaha electronic drumkit (Fridays look like drumset day :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8)  ) I new I needed to get my time signatures on! For those of you that want to count along the verse section is 3 measures of 5/4 & 1 measure of 6/8 (repeated either 4 or 2 times) the chorus (kinda) is in 6/8 and the psychedelic bridge is in 7/8.
I wrote the uke part quite quickly in the car about 2 weeks ago but it took me 2 Friday sessions (about 3 total hours) just to get the drums recorded. It proved to be quite a challenge to play along with this crazy uke progression but I got it last Friday & I'm pretty proud of my drumming here. I did the bass last night but had to section it out over 2 tracks, easier then punching in on the mbr. I did the vocals today and just finished it up.
1 uke
1 electronic drumset (oh I just love that!)
2 bass tracks
1 lead vocal
1 psychedelic vocal break

Missed My Moment
written & performed by Hook
I don't have any ideas
I don't have a clue
 I've missed my Moment
Had my orientation reviewed

I don't see any direction
I don't see a way
I've missed my Moment
Had my motivation reviewed

Hope I still have hope
It hangs here from this rope

Words are just expressions
Of our thoughts within the moment
& in the moment words can resonate
& take on different meanings
Finality is fleeting

I missed my moment
I've had my declarations reviewed

I have spoken far too often

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Damn cool, Hook. Really digging the psyched-up chaos of the chorus part, and the timing shifts add a completely new flavour that us MBR'ers never get to experience (strictly 4/4 on the floor!). A really interesting and ambitious track. Nice one.

Jarle

Yeah! This is right up my alley. Nice drumming, the time shifts are smoothly done.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Well done hook with the different time signatures! You've made them flow easily, one to the next, with the precise rhythmic Uke strumming.  I enjoyed the listen!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman

Another great tune Hook, I loved the psychedelic vox breakdown and the quirky structure. I think the drumming is damn fine, excellent feel and you manage the time changes very well.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

You are clearly having a blast with those drums Bro - excellent tune, trying to count it, 5/4?? A change of time signature always gives its a different feel, but hard (at least for me) not to get dragged back into think in 4/4. Loved the lyrics - particularly the hope at the end of a rope line.
:-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

Fabulous!!

The recognizable Hook sound, but with the extra flavor the drums give.

Excellent tune my friend!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bazz-t-bass

Hi hooky one..........I don't know how you come up wth these thing.

Great stuff

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Flash Harry

oh I love these wide sweeping drums, it sounds like the ocean.

Magic track. I ain't dancin' to it.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.