The Story of Me and My Musical Entities

Started by Pharoah246, September 12, 2013, 03:24:58 PM

Pharoah246

Hello Everyone! I'm sure as you know, my name is Luke, and I am very proud and blessed to say that I am musician who absolutely loves making and playing music. I am an extremely sentimental and deep person, which can work both for and against me. I sing, play the guitar (my primary instrumental choice), the harmonica and limited piano. Some of my major influences are Jason Mraz, Crosby Stills and Nash, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King and Albert King; however, I am HEAVILY influenced and inspired by John Mayer, the artist who inspired me to pick up the guitar. I've been playing the guitar for about 6 years, the piano for 3, and the harmonica for one. I am self-taught in every one, as my parents never had the time nor money to afford me any lessons. As far as singing,  I've been doing it ever since I could remember, although I am not the best singer in the world. I mainly do it because I have to, else I wouldn't be able to write or play songs with lyrical  value (which has been a dream of mine since the first grade.) I've only been writing songs for about a year, as it took my voice quite a while to evolve into the decent-sounding post-pubertal voice I had been waiting for. As far as my sound goes, I love playing and writing Blues/Soul/Americana/Acoustic/Folk music. Pretty much anything along those lines does it for me. It took me a while to hone my songwriting down to a decent level of skill, but I feel like I am just finding my sound now. After many, many stinkers, total garbage songs and a life-changing Summer, I think I have finally begun to write some of my best writing to date due to totally new-found experiences and inspiration. My writing is very personal as you'll find if you listen to the songs that I have/will be posting on here. I am currently in the process of writing a 7 song homemade EP entitled "Set Me Free." There's a long, dramatic back story to the title which I don't feel like typing now, but will once I release the final product on here. I've already posted three of the songs on here, so you can go and listen to them if you'd like. Other than that, that about wraps it up for me. Thank you all for the extremely warm welcome on here, and I can't wait to keep sharing my work with everyone, as well as hear other people's work as well!

Check out my free online EP "An Inside Sunrise" on SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/luke-williams-83/sets/demos

SteveB

Howdy, Luke. Welcome and good luck with your musical endeavours.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

Hi Luke.

You certainly have impressed me with your music. And you only started 6 years ago playing the guitar! Wow!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder