"I Was There" a Hook BassFest original

Started by Hook, September 04, 2013, 06:36:19 PM

henwrench

Wicked, love the bowed bass, cool idea. Nice one!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

That is brilliant.

A real malevolent atmosphere and the whole lot gels well. No mud, clear and well defined mix.

I love it.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

ODH

You could drop it right into the closing credits of the next Scooby Do movie.  Great atmosphere. Love it.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

cuthbert

Tons of spook here - and some very inventive percussion and general bassing around. Nice one, Hook!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Cool. I like the combination of plucked and bowed basses. It gives them each a distinct voice.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gritter

Great track. Really creepy. No actual bass though? Should be one for App Fest!

Speed Demon

Evil personified.

An ominous feel to the music. Creepy enough to make one want to keep looking back to see what may be following them.

Amazing work, sans instruments.

You rock, Mr Hook!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

I'm working up to having a go in the bassfest but man, you've set the bar mighty high. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ferryman

Don't know whether to love it or hate it because there were no actual basses used and you will be replacing us bass players with machines soon! But on reflection...... I love it. Very creative, an excellent combination of bass sound that create a very strong soundscape. I'm also getting spooky, eerie vibes. A very clever entry for bassfest, well done.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dasilvasings

I don't find it spooky, but actually very cool. It reminds me a lot morphine - actually the bow could be a baritone sax.

I second flash harry - no mud at all, which is surprising for the quantity of lows. Your voice cuts well through the mix and the drums/ percussion fill very well the trebles in the mix.

Well done! - though I was expecting this could be a good excuse for you to buy a ukulele-bass ;-)
recorder
Boss Micro BR