Surrender - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, August 30, 2013, 09:30:54 AM

bazz-t-bass

Hi ....truly top drawer stuff ...and thanks for the background info on your approach to recording. I use a BR1600 too and this analysis is useful.

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Ferryman

Quote from: AndyR on September 11, 2013, 06:52:25 AMThe drums are the BR1600's (Room Kit, I think, that's what I usually use - except I have used STD2 recently, might be this? Can't tell! :D). Very little, if any, EQ was used on them for this mix, and maybe some reverb.
I'm impressed, they sound great. Really fit well with the song and the mix, thanks for the detailed explanation of how you did it, I enjoy getting insights into your recording process.

Quote from: AndyR on September 11, 2013, 06:52:25 AMActually, I'm beginning to wonder about my addiction to trying to sound like a "real band" - can't seem to shake it off at the moment, though :D
Don't wonder and don't lose the addiction. Call the band "Andy's Addiction"........

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

just the best listen , andy you are good man

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Gnasty

I missed this. Gotta hear AndyR when i can. Very great song as usual and i love that guitar tone.

Vocals rule as always and i love the sweet guitar solo of course!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

andy casson

Ye gods Andy! Unbelivable voice! The quality of writing is unreal, you have such a Paul Weller/Squeeze vibe in this one, I loved it all, but man your voice is staggering, and the arrangement & production are superb! If you ever play live let me know!

Andy

Farrell Jackson

Good songwriting and performances Andy! The mix is stellar and very dynamic. The build ups into the choruses are so smoothly done... very pro all around. I dig the outro Tele lead with it's classic sound with a bit of grit...nicely done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Interesting on how you record the drums, with the EQ - they sound really nice - and real, which is very cool.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Saijinn Maas

The production on this is incredible! Bass work is tight as hell! Love this!