Surrender - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, August 30, 2013, 09:30:54 AM

Tangled Wires

Wonderful, you really knocking out some serious quality songs of late.

Really cool contrast between the laid back verses and the big rousing heavier chorus, and the production quality indicates that every part was, as ever, honed to perfection.

Guitar solo was classy and liked the clean tone and restraint!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tom r

Wow love it you've a great voice.
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

tom r

Also I'm a sucker for a telecaster
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Flash Harry

Bloody hell Andy - this is fabulous. I mean the song is fabulous - the arrangement is fabulous, the recording and production are fabulous and the overall effect is fanbloodytastic.

Back for a second listen -did I say it was fabulous? No? Well' it's fabulous.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

maxit

oh my! this one is magic. I really love that vintage sound, a perfect R&B/soul '60 feeling, and the voice! this is a hit to me!
recorder
Audacity

Hook

Super fine tune brother! I get real Steely Dan feel from it and love it. Such a pro sound that just rocks with my headphones on this morning.

Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

boneonbone

Great job. Top notch vox and guitar, really enjoyed this one!
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

henwrench

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 30, 2013, 10:56:39 AMsaw this and thought, i'd better go and get my headphones and give ma ears a treat.

Ha ha, same here. No little crappy laptop speakers for this one. Cans on and dynamics are all correct and pleasant. Or pheasant. In fact, pheasant season will be upon us soon. Yum-yum. I always feel like Henry VIII whenever we have game. It is a good feeling, not unlike the solo at the end. Yum-yum.

henwryench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

I love that little breakdown around three minutes in with the harmonics.

I'm getting a bit Steely Dan, maybe a bit Squeeze, but mostly I'm getting this big WOW feeling, in a way.

And then - oh no! - it fades out.  Don't fade out...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Kenny B

You've got a distinct sound and style Andy ... Another great song!!!  Like the way the guitars
come in for the chorus ... nice dynamics throughout.    Excellent vocal and all.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR